theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 17-02-18, 08:03 PM   #1
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
XPG 180 update

Not been on for a while due to work commitments, but the 180 is finally going away next weekend (a year after I got her!) to have some major work done. She's been tucked up since Christmas as some of the electrics failed meaning no wipers, lights, horn, alarm, radio, lights.
As much as liked the look of the motobuild springs, i'll be upgrading to some brand new xpower eibach springs, new bushes all round, upgraded brakes and a tidy up of the bodywork and full service, cant wait to get back on the road!
Old 17-02-18, 09:06 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Wow, sounds pricy, well done for sorting it out and not breaking it.

Old 18-02-18, 09:24 AM   #3
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
Not been on for a while due to work commitments, but the 180 is finally going away next weekend (a year after I got her!) to have some major work done. She's been tucked up since Christmas as some of the electrics failed meaning no wipers, lights, horn, alarm, radio, lights.
As much as liked the look of the motobuild springs, i'll be upgrading to some brand new xpower eibach springs, new bushes all round, upgraded brakes and a tidy up of the bodywork and full service, cant wait to get back on the road!
awesome, keep the pictures flowing.

defo right move with the springs :-))

P.
Old 18-02-18, 04:54 PM   #4
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Shall do. Just been to give her a good wash before she goes away at the weekend. I don't think it'll cost too much, theres a list of about 20 jobs, but when done she should be as good as new. Wish I could do them myself but don't have the time or skills unfortunatly.
Old 18-02-18, 08:01 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Excellent! Well worth doing and the investment I say.
Old 19-02-18, 08:40 AM   #6
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Awesome.

Fingers crossed all goes well. What's the timescale?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-18, 11:56 PM   #7
mattie007

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Excellent! Well worth doing and the investment I say.
Cheers Mick, taken a while due to work commitments but should come out even better than she is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Awesome.

Fingers crossed all goes well. What's the timescale?
Going away this weekend, a chap up in Scunthorpe is collecting her then giving her the treatment. He builds race cars and restores classics so in good hands. I’m in no rush but I’d have thought back within a month. Springs arrived today 😍
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9C2F56B5-5857-4D68-8A2A-CBF94C3CA202.jpg (20.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 21-02-18, 07:28 PM   #8
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Lovely stuff, looking forward to the after pictures mate. Be good to hear your thoughts on how the eibachs compare too, would assume they will give a much nicer drive.
Do you think you would be able to get progress pictures at all? Always good to see work being done
Old 22-02-18, 09:05 PM   #9
mattie007

I'll try to get regular updates although the car will be 100 miles away.
From speaking to others with the eibachs, they cant be compared to the motobuilds for handling and performance. I do like the way it sits now but will still be low on the new springs, plus love the green colour!
Old 31-03-18, 09:51 PM   #10
mattie007

A few goodies purchased from Paul today, Quaife LSD and front and rear strut braces. Along with the eibach Xpower springs the car should go well when fitted. Hopefully it'll all be done for the summer.