OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Just a quick update since the accident,

*The car has had 4 brand new straights
*2 new Kumho ECSTAS
*New genuine rear hub
*4 wheel alignment
*Thorough going over and inspection by Andy and Alan of V.H.S

The car now drives and is 99% back to what it was, I stil have a problem with the rear camber of the passenger side being 0.00, Ive been advised to replace the trailing arm and will probs replace the lower arm at the same time with genuine items just so I have piece of mind.
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-11, 07:44 PM   #32
OllieZS

A few more pics from when I first got the car

Old 24-03-11, 10:43 AM   #33
jamesc777

jamesc777 is on a distinguished road
Looks a nice car, always like the colour.

jamesc777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-11, 04:45 PM   #34
Baz27

Baz27 is on a distinguished road
Yes very clean for an 02 nice pics.
Old 24-03-11, 06:24 PM   #35
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
Nice car and a good thread, I take it the idiot in the Celica didn't stop? I never cease to be amazed that people don't stop when they see things like that (and much worse) as they seem to think getting home is far more important. We were shown this video on a course the other day, watch the people driving through the wreckage after what could have been a fatal accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekar5vYyIQY
Old 25-03-11, 03:57 PM   #36
OllieZS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
Nice car and a good thread, I take it the idiot in the Celica didn't stop? I never cease to be amazed that people don't stop when they see things like that (and much worse) as they seem to think getting home is far more important. We were shown this video on a course the other day, watch the people driving through the wreckage after what could have been a fatal accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekar5vYyIQY
Thanks for the comments guys, and no the celica driver didnt stop. I was surprised at the time, but I have thought in hindsight why would I expect someone driving like that to stop! silly me! lol

I also just changed the oil using Millers fully synthetic and genuine oil filter, the engine does feel smoother.

My car is also cup holder equipped! lol

I have also just ordered a Janspeed decat from PTP so once thats fitted I will be booking into Matt reidy to have the car remapped! then lightened flywheel!

Almost there!

lol
Old 18-04-11, 06:58 PM   #37
OllieZS

Update:

A very nice guy called Grant of GBE came and delivered these to me .....

Its his big brake kit, 310mm discs with Wilwood calipers which are very light (and the discs) braided lines front and rear and Performance friction pads 01.

I cant wait to fit these! there going on the ZS thursday, Also I have my first trackday of the year soon at Castle combe on the 5th of May!

I must say that Grant of GBE has been excellent to deal with, very helpful and happy to answer any questions, I highly recommend him!

Recently I have also had all the dents removed from the car at Cromhall refinishing in Thornbury, and again an excellent job, and the owner richard is always very helpful and has time for you.

This wednesday the car is booked into MG for new rear trailing arms + compliance bushes, so the rear will be sorted!

A down side is the new windscreen that was fitted has cracked! and the guy that fitted it did a very shoddy job! window seals not properly sealed, chipped the paint!!! I was most annoyed, I won't name the company at the mo as they are to rectify these issues, hmm we'll see.....

That is all at the mo!
Old 18-04-11, 07:04 PM   #38
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
looking good............love the brakes!!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-11, 08:59 PM   #39
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
good brakes, i had the very first kit from grant and hes a top bloke, he even machined me new carriers foc when the originals were less than 1mm out.
They are not fit and forget brakes though, you will need to take the wheels off and give the callipers a good cleaning occasionally, i used to take the callipers off the mounting and scrub inside, bit of wd40 around the pots and work them a bit...but be care full as they will pop out and you then lose your brake fluid.
You will find your abs kicking in when you initially drive the car but you get used to it and adjust to suit.
These are the brakes i used with ferodo ds 3000 pads on track for a couple of years and with a nasp car they were outstanding, no car other than bonafied racing cars could outbrake the zs, i could take 50 metres out of most cars in every braking zone, though that depends on what rubber your running and the cars weight,but good brakes are worth ten times the gain around a lap than more power, ive got videos on youtube tbh showing what they can do.
I hope they serve you well.

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-11, 06:36 PM   #40
OllieZS

We'll Ive had the brakes fitted today and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

Ive never driven or been in another car that can stop as quickly! the pedal feel is excellent and there is excellent progression in the brakes and very good initial bite at the top of the pedal and when cold.

I have found the A.B.S sometimes feels like its working overtime, but as Dave zs-x has said I'll adjust my driving to suit.

I have also had the rear compliance bushes replaced at MG with genuine items and the rear end is very planted and has also made a world of differance!

The windscreen issue has been resolved and I am very pleased with the outcome and the new screen has been fitted to a very high standard! Its a shame I had to go through all the rigmarole the first time, so big thumbs up for Mobile windscrrens!

My first trackday of the year in 2 weeks and cant wait now!