theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 10-11-12, 04:49 PM   #21
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Well this afternoon we went to look at a local ZT-T (was out of price range but was so the Mrs could see what he thought) outcome probably off the list now as she doesn't like the rear at all.
Hadn't really contemplated the saloons tbh but she really likes the looks of them so if the boot is as big that may be useful to look at, plus more about in my price range.
I can get hold of the pumps and clutches for them quite cheap if they were to go so not of a major issue as know what they cost and where can source but I know what you mean.
Yeah we really need to sit down and weigh the pro's and con's up however I think that I probably will be going the route of changing it as I just feel that for the next few years having a diesel will be better for my pockets.

I loved your ZS dan, if at the time I'd ha the money I would've bought that off you without hesitation but as usual when something you really likes comes up often the money is not about.
I know I will miss the V6 noise, a lot, but the diesel can be made to sound reasonable.

I appreciate all the suggestions and ideas you've all put forward, I think I need to sit and work out what we really need/want from the next car/current 180 and see what will benefit for the next couple of years as whatever I do will be what I need to stick with for at least the next 2 - 3 years.

Others input though from what they own or have owned is always welcomed as I've only had the 200 diesel from the mg rover range.

Thanks guys
Old 23-11-12, 10:15 PM   #22
finyuk2005

finyuk2005 is on a distinguished road
i recently bought bot a zt and a zt-t, both cdti's, the saloon is my folk second car and the tourer was going to be my sisters, (she didnt like it), my car is a ZS td, that is off the road for winter as it needs some work so i am running the ztt.
the ZT's are really great cars to drive, really comfy, but you can still throw them about and they do handle very well, the bmw engine is beautifully smooth, and just awesome for wafting about in comfort, when tuned to around 160-170 like mine are they go pretty bloody well too,
BUT!!!
as much as i love the refinement of the ZT's, every time i walk past my ZS i think, god dam that looks awesome, and then when driving the ZT i find myself ITCHING for the thrill of the ZS
not sure if you can take much from my ramblings but thats just my thoughts!

cheers
fin
finyuk2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-12, 06:44 AM   #23
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
ZS TD to me is the most logical choice. You would still have a ZS but with better running costs, if you do a few modifications to it you will have a good amount of power giving great performance. Put a stainless steel exhaust system on her and she will sound better. I went from a 2.5L BMW to a ZS TD for the same reasons you have i needed to have better running costs but did not want to compromise too much on power and performance, put it this way i will not be changing my ZS TD for a very long time more smiles per miles
Old 24-11-12, 08:10 AM   #24
can i fix it

can i fix it is on a distinguished road
hi i was just the same everytime i wen't out £30 so i got it lpg mine cost £1800 top speck model you can do 100 mph and still on lpg cheaper units go on petrol at 70 mph it was going to cost that sort of money to change to a ztt anyway now i get 25 mpg at £0.75 per lt it still uses petrol till the temp gets to 40 so a lot of start stop not so good just me and another way to go and it pull just as well
can i fix it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-12, 07:46 PM   #25
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
I can see what your all saying with this as I do think I'll miss the ZS if I don't stick with it but although it'd be cheaper to run its not technically solving my space issue and I'm worried I won't enjoy it as much as it'll be missing the awesome sound track that comes with the 180.
I also now have another issue that over the past week a friend took me out in his modded Bolf (golf with bora front end estate) which has had various bits done and is very very low which I loved. Was great fun for a diesel estate. That also is putting out 168bhp & torque is very very high but can't remember the figure.
This is my problem again, I know ZS's are great fun but will it be ye same in a diesel as the V6 whereas I know a golf estate is not going to be as good but when modded is very impressive..
Old 25-11-12, 08:17 PM   #26
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Just to throw one of those big "non MG" spanners into the works how about the last shape Astra? I run one of those as a practical daily driver and it covers most of the bases.

it looks really smart for an estate (there are loads of styling mods possible!), handles really well now I've fitted Eibach suspension with a bigger rear anti-roll bar and it returns well over 40mpg around town - with up to 75mpg on the motorway.

I've also had ours mapped up to 200bhp, so it'll give most things a run for their money. Even when it was standard at 150bhp it felt quite fast

Plus you have nice comfy leather seats, cruise control, parking sensors, loads of room and it tows fantastically well (I was getting 50mpg towing EX259 to Knockhill at slightly higher than legal towing speeds!)

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-12, 08:33 PM   #27
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
Just to throw one of those big "non MG" spanners into the works how about the last shape Astra? I run one of those as a practical daily driver and it covers most of the bases.

it looks really smart for an estate (there are loads of styling mods possible!), handles really well now I've fitted Eibach suspension with a bigger rear anti-roll bar and it returns well over 40mpg around town - with up to 75mpg on the motorway.

I've also had ours mapped up to 200bhp, so it'll give most things a run for their money. Even when it was standard at 150bhp it felt quite fast

Plus you have nice comfy leather seats, cruise control, parking sensors, loads of room and it tows fantastically well (I was getting 50mpg towing EX259 to Knockhill at slightly higher than legal towing speeds!)

Sweet, that all sounds very interesting and I have always liked the look of the Astra especially after seeing a red estate Sri cdti with the vxr kit on it. Looked very very nice indeed.
Only issue is that one like that is unfortunately well out of my price range but I can see where your coming from.
I really don't think I want to part from mg at the mo but I'm concerned that if I go the diesel route I won't enjoy it as much so thinking of why not try something totally different whilst we need "fun economy" and go bak to the ZS in a couple of years time. All food for thought.

Last edited by Craig-ZS180; 25-11-12 at 08:45 PM.
Craig-ZS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-12, 12:07 AM   #28
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
you would be surprised how cheap they can be had these days... oh and the VXR kit is a must, my favorite mod on ours after the suspension set-up!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote