AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 12-12-12, 10:52 PM   #11
kitch

kitch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Blandfords about 10 miles from me, sounds like its at the Army Camp.
Quite right mate, it was the army camp.

I prepared the car thoroughly (I acquired a replacement front bumper with spoiler which had stickers on it, and fitted it):

I had a go at the event. The MG was way out of its comfort zone sadly.....it was quite good at the fast slalom events, but as soon as things got really tight the size/weight became a bit of an issue. The fact the handbrake wouldn't lock the rear wheels even with 50psi in the rear boots only made things worse.
All in all a brilliant day out and a decent performance by the ShedEss! It put up a fight, but it was a fight it was only ever going to lose. think I came 15th out of 20!

Weren't allowed to take pics of the whole event being on MOD property etc, but we got a couple of small shots:

Not much update on the ZS. The slalom took its toll on some bushes somewhere, as the front end is now rattling its nuts off. Rear brakes are completely shot but I think I can eak them out a bit longer!

Did have one result....I changed the o2 sensor (rear bank) as the ECU light has been on since I got it. I tried resetting it but it kept coming back - turned out lambda sensor no2 was down. So (eventually) I managed to source the right one (normally go universal but the correct one was pretty cheap so I just plumped for that) and when I got underneath I found one of the wires ripped out of the sensor. That'll be that then!

Economy has been poor and on the last dyno session it was overfuelling a bit. Rude not to have another pop:

155hp at the wheels.....flywheel into the 170's! I'm pretty sure I've cocked the inlet manifold up too when I ripped the valves out (truth be told I spent 40mins on it one evening!) and I think there might be a vacuum leak. If I can improve that, we might improve those figures again!

Really enjoying driving it. Need to get a radio in it to drown out all the rattles and knocks, but the character of it is great
kitch is offline   Reply With Quote