theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 26-02-12, 02:02 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheelay View Post
Great thread. I was really hoping this project worked out. Looks like it's progressing very well.

I'd say the rarity of many of parts will make it a very unique conversion.
Cheers - I hoping that the difficult parts can be sustituted as most parts are available from a ZT190/180.
Old 26-02-12, 04:56 PM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Excellent work there James. I did notice the redundant bracket a long time ago and removed it!
Old 03-03-12, 04:13 PM   #13
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
you have may have seen this already but here it anyway page 70 onwards

http://www.rover-club.net/graphics/m...l_brochure.pdf
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 06:08 PM   #14
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I hadn't, it's an interesting document. Thabks Steve.

I will add for anyone considering this addition to their ZS that although the components and the engine managment ECU are the same between the ZS and the ZT/75 they are wired differently.
Old 04-03-12, 11:43 AM   #15
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
Nice project and something i'd love to do to my 180!! I get the inpression the the wiring needed is'nt already in the car? If so, if a doner car can be found would'nt be easier to take the complete system including the harness?
Atb Fred
Fred68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 02:51 PM   #16
talkingcars

Cheers Fred.

The mk1 ZS/45 KV6 was only available with cruise control in 2001 and 2 on the 2.0L 45 the top of the range auto which had different main and dash looms, if I'd known that when I sourced the parts from the one I found in the local scrap yard I would have taken the dash loom at the very least.
Old 04-03-12, 05:43 PM   #17
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
So the hard part is ether finding an early top modal 45 with the Kv6 or making up a harness? The 75-Zt is more likely to have cruse I guess so can be the donor of the ECU, vacuum pump and servo. Looks like a project to sort to me!!
Fred68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 07:55 PM   #18
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
My first car was a fiberglass Mistrale body, on a Ford 10 chassis.

That had cruise control, hand throttle, mounted on the gearbox tunnel.

Could understand that set up!!!!
peterzs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 10:18 AM   #19
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
I just typed "Rover 45 cruise" into the search function on eBay and this immediately caught my eye:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover...item43a686404e
Discovery TD5's from 03 on should be pretty plentiful, and the switches pictured look suspiciously similar to the ones you find controlling the radios on R45's. TC, have you investigated this route already?

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 06:59 PM   #20
talkingcars

The freelander KV6 uses the same system as the ZS and ZT KV6 and these share some components with the TD so I wouldn't be suprised if the Discovery TD does as well.

I was lucky to get the steering wheel and master switches from the doner R45 so I don't need them but I'm sure they could be made to work.

However the discovery master switch could be an improvment over the R45 version. For some reason the warning light is in the dials and is orange, normally a warning colour. All the other switches have function indicators built into the switch.

Tonight while I was out I left it switched on (only the switch illumination is connected) and the tell tale dash light is irritating while driving.

I'll get it working and then may look at alternative methords so it works like the front fog switch.