theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-07-12, 01:13 PM   #41
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
FFS lol, which type is the ZS one?

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-12, 01:21 PM   #42
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
No idea mate, gonna go some googling later see what I can find. Your local locksmith may be better and supply one.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-12, 03:22 PM   #43
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Done a bit of searching and found one place that supplied them but would only do a batch order of 20, would sell a sample one but postage for 1-60units was 30usd regardless.

So thought my spare could just have the shoulders cut as the key is just held in the fob by a grub pin. But the guy in the shop was clearly a total retard and after 5 mins trying to tell him it wasnt the blank that came with the fob I wanted cut but my spare modified so it would slot in the fob. A further 5 mins explaining how it had to be cut, thought he had got it so he went to cut it, ground an angle on one side and said "right that should fit now" I asked if he could knock the grub pin out the fob so I could show him how it fitted in. And he struggled for a few mins, bent one of his tools and finally said I cant do it but the other one should fit I just agreed and walked out. What a ******* retard, how people so dumb remember to breath is beyond me!

Smokey if you have a half decent locksmith it can be modified. Im going to try and save my spare and cut it myself to fit but might have to get a standard blank and start again as this muppet has made a right mess of it!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 27-07-12, 04:05 PM   #44
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Right took me about 30 seconds to remove the grub pin and the blank supplied. However I've decided to order just a stock MG Rover blank as the guy as ground it down in such a way that theres not enough material to have a shoulder both sides so it may wobble. I'm going to cut the shoulders to fit it in to the fob myself and then take it to a different locksmith for them to cut the key.

But for your amusement here is the blank that came with the fob on the left and my butchered spare on the right, not sure what the guy thought he was doing, but according to him it should now fit!

Is it just me that thinks this was a simple task??? Although to be fair to the guy I do live in a strange part of Bristol where there is no harm drowning in the gene pool. Guess I shouldn't expect too much.

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 27-07-12 at 04:08 PM.
Old 30-08-12, 06:12 PM   #45
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Thought I'd update this thread as finally got round to having a key cut for it. Took it to the timpson in the middle of bristol and there was a guy was was much more 'with it'. Anyway he managed to cut the blank so that it would just about fit. Then once I got home was able to fettle away at it using a file and diamond sharping stone and got it to fit nicely. Still want to take a tiny bit out to angle it 1/2mm of so to straighten it up alittle once folded away. But IT WORKS!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 30-08-12, 06:29 PM   #46
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
That has a nice OE look about it. Would have a go myself if I had any spare time. The retard story was particularly amusing thanks
Old 30-08-12, 07:43 PM   #47
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Wish you'd make some for me lol, don't have the tools to whittle it down to fit.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-12, 09:48 PM   #48
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
looks awesome
Old 01-09-12, 08:22 AM   #49
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Wish you'd make some for me lol, don't have the tools to whittle it down to fit.
Decent machinest would do it in a matter of minutes

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 01-09-12, 09:21 AM   #50
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Anyone ever done one of these for the Lucas fob, or have i asked that already? I suppose i can live with it lol

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote