theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 29-12-14, 09:54 PM   #21
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Register the engine change?
I doubt it
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-14, 10:55 PM   #22
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Am I missing something here?
Old 29-12-14, 11:11 PM   #23
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Am I missing something here?
why register the engine change? its a track car, it will be trailered about, whilst I may MOT it and use it on the road at a later date, I'll think about it then, but its still an 1800 as on the log book.

The biggest change is lack of seat belts, rear seats, glass etc!!!
Old 30-12-14, 12:49 AM   #24
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
or No one wanting to buy a car with an engine swap unlisted with the DVLA

I wasn't talking about your project Mark but this.
Old 30-12-14, 10:14 AM   #25
Mark S

Quote:
I wasn't talking about your project Mark but this.
gotcha!!!

But don't put him off, I would love to see a ZS only race series one day, I think they are cheap, capable and a great basis for a race car!
Old 30-12-14, 03:17 PM   #26
Mark S

todays progress

Fitted the skirts today, I would have painted up a different set had I noticed these ones have the long bracket on them which doesn't leave indentations on the skirt where the short brackets fit! Bit to good for a track car!

Skirts fitted and back on the ground without wheel spacers - it really shows how low it is and desperate for a wider track and wider rims!

The proper 160 exhaust manifolds mated up to a 2.25" scorpion exhaust from a rover tomcat of all cars, just needed the centre box hangers relocating.

People go mad paying 500quid for KV6 Janspeeds, yet many VVC ZS conversions just don't bother with the correct 4-2-1 manifolds that the VVC has...they just bolt up the standard 120 mani...I can't get my head around why people cut corners, especially when the VVC mani is for nothing!
(I didn't fit this today, just having a rant!)

Bled the brakes again, for the umpteenth time, this time with the calipers off and the bleed nipple pointing northwards - there's either air in the system somewhere or the damn things need a good bedding in, but I don't want to be bleeding brakes on a shakedown

and finally wired up the washer bottle, the car didn't have one when I got it and I may want to fit some brake cooling ducts and the standard washer bottle is right in the way

Old 30-12-14, 03:34 PM   #27
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Loving the washer bottle idea....may have to nick that one off you!
Old 30-12-14, 04:15 PM   #28
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
love a good project must be cold out
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-14, 08:45 PM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
love a good project must be cold out
Was thinking the same myself. The missus was expecting me to be working on the zed during the break. -4 today so decided to do something warmer!
Old 31-12-14, 04:49 PM   #30
Mark S

I had already gutted the doors, today's job; to see if a door card can be fitted to the drivers door with the door release mech.

bit of a prototype, trial fit, seems to work

Next onto gutting the bonnet - weight loss, and what a horrible job this is, it would be easier to make a fibreglass bonnet!!! Cutting through the sealant/bonding is really hard work, then your left with it all to grind off...

Grinding off ready for primer