theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-09, 08:26 PM   #11
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
mine was tucked away behind a tight corner. i wouldnt have been able to see him untill i was on his toes even if i was walking. i didnt even see his police car. he had parked it out of sight. no wonder the barstards get a bad name. most hated people in the world.

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

Old 04-04-09, 08:30 PM   #12
oidicko

oidicko is on a distinguished road
Most police areas are reducing fixed site cameras and increasing the use of the vans. As previously mentioned they are normally sited at areas of regular complaint. These can be light or heavily residential areas, it matters not as long as there is a local authority speed restriction. One thing to note is.... do you ever see a camera van on a national speed limit?
Old 04-04-09, 08:31 PM   #13
afcbadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by oidicko View Post
Most police areas are reducing fixed site cameras and increasing the use of the vans. As previously mentioned they are normally sited at areas of regular complaint. These can be light or heavily residential areas, it matters not as long as there is a local authority speed restriction. One thing to note is.... do you ever see a camera van on a national speed limit?
no! its easier to get people just over the limit in towns and quiet roads.

Old 04-04-09, 08:57 PM   #14
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oidicko View Post
do you ever see a camera van on a national speed limit?
rarely, but i can see it getting more common if they succeed in getting the national speed limit reduced to 50!

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
Old 04-04-09, 09:01 PM   #15
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
They'll be tracking our speed by GPS systems fitted to our cars next, and issuing automatic fines. But then of course people would actually start sticking to the limits and they wouldnt make as much money, so maybe not...
Old 04-04-09, 09:02 PM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I regularly see guns pointing up a main road that is very wide, very long, has a bus lane on both sides and enough room for 3 lanes each side and that is a 30 limit It is totally daft and in the five years I have used this road since the bus lanes were completed I could count on one hand how many buses I have seen use it! Even the buses do over 40 and undertake cars doing 35!

Most mobile units I have come across have been unjustified in their positions, not built up areas or pedestrianised, just an ability to catch people breaking the limit when the road is over restricted.
Old 04-04-09, 09:37 PM   #17
grimmy

If you were speeding and get done then tough it's the law, money generating or not they are doing their job and words like pigs and bastards in my opinion are a bit out of order.If you do get a N.I.P then suck it up like the rest of us,you broke the law whether they were being sneaky or not.

Old 04-04-09, 09:38 PM   #18
oidicko

oidicko is on a distinguished road
Hope that the national limit doesn't come down to 50 in my lifetime!

I know that if people make enough representations with respect to lowering speed limits it can make local authority change them. Perhaps wherever you live a petition could be started to increase the limit?

Just a thought!
Old 04-04-09, 10:09 PM   #19
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Nice idea, but can you honestly see a speed limit being increased? never in our lifetime! The do gooders out there would prefer a total stop. Our city streets have blanket 20mph zones, a right pain but have you ever seen a taxi getting pulled?
Old 05-04-09, 08:58 AM   #20
afcbadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
If you were speeding and get done then tough it's the law, money generating or not they are doing their job and words like pigs and bastards in my opinion are a bit out of order.If you do get a N.I.P then suck it up like the rest of us,you broke the law whether they were being sneaky or not.
CALM DOWN ! just voiceing my opinion. like im sure you have done in the past. in my opionion they are scumbags, its a money making scheme and they do nothing to help the public. a total waste of space if you ask me. they are ofter seen speeding themselves. i followed a marked focus up the motorway about a year ago at 110mph. no lights or siren.

go and do a proper job, stop trying to get speeders who are an easy target and go and get rapists and muggers and people who are abusing little kids ect. or are they just admitting they are not good enough to do that, thats why they get their convictions through motorists.

the police are the most hated people in the world. the most disrespectful and the most disrespected.

my personal opionion.

Closed Thread