AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-04-15, 05:05 PM   #1
Tackleberry

Tackleberry is on a distinguished road
Tinkering

Having just done a service on my car, I've realised how much fun it is lol
That and my girlfriend has been nagging me to get it done for ages now, so whilst the sun was out cracked on with it!!!!!
I'm now also waiting on a set of rear brake pads to arrive and a set of HT leads and the clutch pedal kit to come from DMGRS......
Now I want to tinker a bit more.....
Tackleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 05:09 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Much more enjoyable in good weather than in the depths of winter!
Old 06-04-15, 07:48 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Mrs TC has been hnagging about my small pile of stuff in the corner of the patio
(ZS towbar, decat, centre box and under tray, MGF wheel arch liner and hard top, some spare brake calipers for when I need an exchange, and a few bits for the scrap man inc a pair of discs and some cooper pipe). There were a few other DIY bits and some dead garden parasols and trelis panels.

On Friday I took the centre pipe to my garage around the corner. On Saturday I cashed in the scrap (36p for the steel and iron and £5 for the copper) at the local scrap merchant around the other corner.

Today I had planned to fit all the parts to the cars but ended up just getting the wheel arch liner on. I did manage to chop up the wooden items and either put them in the bin or back of my car to get them to the council tip after work tomorrow.

What kinda spoilt my weekend was the Italia event in Horsham over the weekend, Ferraris on Friday, minis on saturday and Italian super (and some not super) cars and some other sports cars and Lambretias and some brit bikes and other stuff - cars were parked all over town - it was buzzing - if you are anywhere close next Easter make the trip.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 08:41 PM   #4
BRMFUN

BRMFUN is on a distinguished road
Tack pleased you enjoyed the servicing and talking cars how can you be expected to do anything with all those lovely cars around!
MG ZTT 135
MGB GT 1973 original automatic
BRMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 08:55 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I forgot to mention jet washing Mrs TC's ZR engine bay and the road outside the house and the decking on Friday and Saturday.

All of this was to buy some time. I kinda failed.

(and well dome Ms Tack for encouraging car time).
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote