theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-07-12, 09:26 PM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
So sorry to hear of this. Seems to me this chap should be reported for failure to supply details, I would anil it hard mate. Gits like this should be booted off the road.

I too drive a 4x4 but do not drive it in that manner, 2.25 tons is not easy to get up to speed, let alone be in a position to overtake.
Old 28-07-12, 09:39 PM   #12
James Raby

James Raby will become famous soon enough
Chap at police call centre didn't seem too impressed, I did get some vibe that the 4x4 had issues (just a feeling when reg supplied)
Old 28-07-12, 10:49 PM   #13
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
Maybe it's known to them!! Hope you get it fixed easy enough!! Looking more cosmic then structural but needs to be checked. Defo go for a whiplash injury compo and hit him where it hurts!! You should get more out the compo than you'd get for the Zed sadly
Good luck

Last edited by Fred68; 28-07-12 at 10:51 PM.
Fred68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-12, 11:05 PM   #14
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
thats shocking mate,the car probably will get written off,but its fixable,my first zed was a lot worse and i bought it back and fixed in time for the scots modified show,as it was on the stand didnt want to let folk down,used a ratchet strap and a tree,with my mate watching the back end as i pulled the back end out!
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-12, 12:38 AM   #15
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Glad you are ok though mate.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-12, 01:07 AM   #16
James Raby

Dont think I'll be using a tree lol

As for me, can't sleep prob cos I'm pissed off meh!

Old shoulder injury also giving some grief after sitting comfy for a couple of hrs...
Old 29-07-12, 06:43 AM   #17
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that i really hope you are able to get your ZS fixed that's such a nice Zed love the colour. That bloke should not be allowed to drive, i can understand that i would be the same, best getting your shoulder checked though.
Old 29-07-12, 08:43 AM   #18
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of

Seems a bit funny to me.

Lots of overtaking braking etc .... Not a straight forward - "I was going into a roundabout and the guy behind just didn't stop"

Quite simply - the other party is at fault if you were rear ended. You have to be supplied with the name and address of the driver and reg of the car at the scene of a damage only accident. If it's an injury accident, you also have to be provided with the insurance details. If you are now injured - I advise reporting to the police.

There is no reason for you to be out of pocket if you're involved in an accident and it's not your fault - or if it is your fault - it should just cost you your excess unless your just 3rd party - that's why we are all insured.

Make a call via the details on the card - ask to meet and get it sorted or claim against him.

Hope things work out but at least you walked away - which is always a bonus.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-12, 10:48 AM   #19
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Well said Dan

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-12, 05:02 PM   #20
James Raby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post

Seems a bit funny to me.

Lots of overtaking braking etc .... Not a straight forward - "I was going into a roundabout and the guy behind just didn't stop"

Quite simply - the other party is at fault if you were rear ended. You have to be supplied with the name and address of the driver and reg of the car at the scene of a damage only accident. If it's an injury accident, you also have to be provided with the insurance details. If you are now injured - I advise reporting to the police.

There is no reason for you to be out of pocket if you're involved in an accident and it's not your fault - or if it is your fault - it should just cost you your excess unless your just 3rd party - that's why we are all insured.

Make a call via the details on the card - ask to meet and get it sorted or claim against him.

Hope things work out but at least you walked away - which is always a bonus.
Dan, Police are aware as insurance has decided its a cause of intentional damage to my vehicle and the Police also take this line

Suspicions were noticed by myself as said when quoting regestration number (it's like it popped something up)

In any case, I have a Nationwide looking at the car during the week and it's also going to the company that did the paintwork on my car not so long back - it was spot on and couldn't fault it (have used before)

I think whatever happens here, unless something amazing pops up whilst this is being dealt with the car will get repaired and it needs a wet/dry as its got waaaaaaaaaaay too much laquer on the car down the sides (180 instead of 80-90 on the bonnet and roof) clearly had some work in the past

I drove a Q plate Escosrt RS Turbo in the padt for almost 4 years and it didn;t bother me one tiny little bit!!

My shoulder kept me awake for some of the night and killed this morning (this has obviously been dragged up from a whiplash I had in 1998!!)