AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-10-13, 07:29 PM   #1
maxtherotti

maxtherotti will become famous soon enough
best recovery company

Hi all
I think I had better join a break down/recovery service and want to know what one is the best service to cost?

Cheers Rob
ps do you have to pay it in 1 hit or monthly??
Old 10-10-13, 08:30 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Most banks offer accounts with added benifits such as mobile phone and travel insurance and breakdown cover. Typically the monthly charge is between £10 and £15.
Old 10-10-13, 08:32 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I should add it is simple to convert your current account - speak to your bank.
Old 10-10-13, 08:43 PM   #4
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Im with Britannia rescue, but mainly cos as a Civil Servant I get it cheap...................
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 08:51 PM   #5
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Premier Plus account with Lloyds - So much packed in including top draw breakdown cover with the AA, all the bells & whistles.

I do pay £25 a month though.
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 09:30 PM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
I'm with the RAC. only because when I was working we had them and always found them to be good.

They were doing the full package for £95 I think it was, I'd just bought the TF and the stories you hear made me take it out. It covers any car I'm driving as well, so all cars are covered.
Old 11-10-13, 08:13 AM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I pay more than I want but we have a family membership with the AA and my daughters chip in with their share so all's good. Plus I have silver membership so there's a few more benefits to be had. Service has been excellent whenever we have needed them.
Old 11-10-13, 09:02 AM   #8
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Rac free as part of Halifax Bank account with travel ins etc etc. Fee is £15 per month though.

Was with RAC independently until recently. Need to watch them though as year one will be a good deal then the hikes come in. Having said that, if you ring them they will negotiate.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-13, 09:44 AM   #9
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
best recovery company

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I should add it is simple to convert your current account - speak to your bank.
Yea I converted my Nationwide account and for £10 a month, I get breakdown with home start, travel insurance, phone insurance, electrical equipment extended insurance and so on.

A joint account with no added costs covers both cars for breakdown too. I think they use Britannia breakdown.

I was with AA on their silver membership and it got very costly especially when I didn't ever use it at all.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote