theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects > Smokey's site track day car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-11-10, 08:45 AM   #1
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
theMGZS.co.uk track car rebuild *The Resurrection* ==01/02/11==

Ok so Jim and Corey came along yesterday and confirmed that the track car engine has seized at the bottom end. Because of this it leaves me with the connundrum of stripping the car and recouping the costs or appealing to you guys offers and trying to get the engine swapped.

Financially, I spent most of my budget on getting the car track ready so all I have spare is the MOT cash I set aside for this month. This I can use towards the rebuild.

I have thought about what costs would be involved and have compiled the details as follows:

A replacement engine will be needed.
Bodies with the experience to do the engine swap.
A location/garage to complete the job.
The appropriate tools.
Vehicle/trailer to get the car to and from location.
MOT completion to drive car back/test drive it.

Now, a Transit van and trailer have been made available by Jim so thats one expense spared.

A central location would be ideal to allow for all talented folk to converge.

The brake disks/pads are fine, as is the exhaust and tyres have 4mm tread. I cant think of any other reason for MOT failure but there is never a guarantee.

What would be in it for donaters?

I can offer the initial plan, which was for paid up members of the site will be able to race the car for a few laps around a local track for an agreed fee (and being sensible!).
Donaters will obviously get priority on size of donation over those who don't donate as a thank you for the investment.
Once the engine is replaced, any spare, working engine parts will be offered for the delivery cost only to donaters.
Once the track days start, I will supply special t-shirts relating to the website and its official track car.

Once the car is running again, I will continue with modifications that I had already planned like induction, exhaust (to compliment decat already on) etc so it will always be improving.

As with any donations there comes a disclaimer. I cannot give an iron clad guarantee that the engine swap will resolve the cars lack of function and there may be something else that is spotted, I do guarantee that I want this site track car to be a phenomenom unlike other sites and if you agree, then donations to get it up and running are the way forward.

Donations

So, if you like the plan, and want to be a part of it all, the paypal donation address is:

heaven_is_a_hash_plant@hotmail.com (very old e-mail lol!)

As Pete pointed out while making his donation:

Go to Send Money, Personal, Gift....this way, paypal wont take a percentage as a fee!!

Cheers Pete!

All donations are voluntary and appreciated. Please remember to put your name in the info box so I can compile a list of donaters. Thanks.

Photo's attatched, taken today in the rain! (stripped out with bucket seats and harnesses)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (75.5 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg photo2.jpg (71.9 KB, 149 views)

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place

Last edited by Smokey; 21-11-10 at 11:39 AM.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote