theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 01-08-13, 10:04 AM   #101
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I get 2 days paid... but i can take more unpaid..... although that might change to be less US focused soon.

But glad to hear that the car is coming along nicely, you'll be glad to get in it again and go for a drive!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 10:10 AM   #102
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Wow.... That is shocking chaps.

The Air Force give you at least 2 weeks, and more if you require it, for a parent.
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 10:11 AM   #103
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I'm looking to maybe give it a run tomorrow to work, a Friday treat But before then I will double check the gov website to make sure I can drive it as waiting for the tax disc to arrive as it has been sorned since November. Not sure if the same applies if sorned when re-taxing a car and driving it without displaying a disc? It will feel weird as I have only driven the Vectra ever since!
Old 01-08-13, 10:14 AM   #104
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMPSKI View Post

The Air Force give you at least 2 weeks, and more if you require it, for a parent.
Not only did I take the day off he was actually dying, but the next day and another the same week, plus one for the funeral arrangements, the funeral itself and the day after as felt like ****. 3 days is all they allow...................who can assess the time you need and how it hits you? No two people deal with it in the same way. I still have bad days even now and no doubt will forever and a day.........
Old 01-08-13, 10:25 AM   #105
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I think you can be fined for failure to display a valid tax disc...

As for time off... I was allowed 2 days off after he went and one day for the funeral... I had to take the day after the funeral off sick...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 11:11 AM   #106
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMPSKI View Post

Sadly, it's the way things are outside the military, I used sick leave for my parents, and no longer work for British Airways, terrible employer.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 11:51 AM   #107
Steven11

Steven11 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven11 has a spectacular aura about
My son was daignosed with Meningitis when he was 4 weeks old and my work (Audi) gave me 2 weeks at full pay and told me if i needed any more just to ask. Exact words i was told by the company director was (family always comes first).
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 11:55 AM   #108
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven11 View Post
My son was daignosed with Meningitis when he was 4 weeks old and my work (Audi) gave me 2 weeks at full pay and told me if i needed any more just to ask. Exact words i was told by the company director was (family always comes first).
My thoughts exactly, I've walked out of work before now stating the above much to the annoyance of my line manager. I told him in no uncertain terms what to do with views, he never spoke about it again, found out he had a family matter soon after and changed his views on the subject! These days employers have to be savvy concerning employee rights and most will go by the book and just give the minimum. I cannot complain too much as they paid me but what price do you put on such trauma? Rights for newborns just don't stack up when compared to losing a loved one.
Old 01-08-13, 11:59 AM   #109
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
I got five days with the council and an extra day as I was organising the funeral.just decided **** em and took two weeks off on the sick.doctor was more than happy to.sign me off as my head was a mess.
Old 01-08-13, 12:39 PM   #110
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
I got five days with the council and an extra day as I was organising the funeral.just decided **** em and took two weeks off on the sick.doctor was more than happy to.sign me off as my head was a mess.
I think I should have done something similar as I was struggling to do anything in this time.