theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 22-04-18, 06:27 PM   #251
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
good to get started again.
Old 22-04-18, 08:42 PM   #252
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Little update. Caravan gone. Jetwashed the hardstand and. ZS now inside with loads of room! Has a home to get started again without worrying.
Good stuff .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-18, 09:20 PM   #253
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I can now plan to get it up off the deck up high and sort the new brake lines, bias valve, polybushed arms, rustproofing and wheel arch mods. Already got future son-in-law to help smooth in and repair when complete. I think there is a slight twinkle of light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 23-04-18, 09:20 AM   #254
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Glad to hear that you've got some-where to do all the bits you want to do
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 10:34 PM   #255
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Small update. The exceptional weather has stopped any work planned as way too hot to work outside plus a plethora of other jobs I have to do! I’ve noticed the white chequered decals have cooked in this heat! So that’s another job on the very long list. Youngest daughter Chloe has a new boyfriend, qualified mechanic, he was bored one weekend so he swapped over the front lower arms. However noticed the jacking points have corroded as too near the chassis rail. I got some more work to do Is there a repair panel available for this? No doubt I’ll need to make panels to suit. I guess it sitting so long has really damaged it as it’s been outside. In time I’ll need to look at making a decent carport to protect it.
I really miss having a ZS to drive, I must look at doing something about that.
Old 06-08-18, 10:29 AM   #256
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Oh dear sorry to hear that - my ZS didn't like sitting outside either

I'm worried about the corrosion on mine tbh, I fear a big re-weld job when it appears will be the death-knell for it as I've not got the skills to do it myself; and from other friend's experiences if you have to start to large scale patching it normally is just a matter of time (said friend lost a 205 gti that way - and he did all the welding himself/at a buddy's place)

It is funny how they get under the skin isn't it... I've not driven mine for a while and I miss it - even with the mustang on the drive! (which is good as I was scared I wouldn't feel that way about it).
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 06-08-18, 11:35 PM   #257
jc600

jc600 is on a distinguished road
It's because all the water sits there, would have to fabricate new panels as far as I'm aware.......just make sure you put good drainage holes back it. And treat the new metal.......still need to get under mine and get it all protected. There's some nice diy car ports about for good prices.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
jc600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-18, 11:57 AM   #258
stamford
Site Owner

Well, nothing to say just totally fed up. Been off work for 2 weeks and can’t do anything. The way things are I’m looking at a very long term build project here. Progress is hampered by DIY projects that have taken priority and the list is increasing. However there is one project that I am looking at that may help the zed, want to build a carport that will morph into a garage extension. Again a long term one! I need to make some room in my current garage/workshop so I have room to place stripped parts and refurbish them. A vicious circle!

I hope eveyones plans are going well. Good to see Paul’s Reyland road legal.
Old 03-10-18, 07:19 PM   #259
p_b82
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that - Nothing wrong with a long term project... I never wanted mine to go on as long as it has, but we're getting closer... good things come to those that wait or so they say
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 04-10-18, 11:08 AM   #260
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I've been slowly gathering parts (forged pistons, rods etc) for T16, it won't be long before its engine strip and rebuild time, other projects are taking priority and delaying things though...

So you're not alone in projects taking a lot longer than planned!

Hope you get better soon (Assume illness is why you have been off work?) and things start looking up again for the project.

How are you getting on with the Grandad status

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote