theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-03-10, 01:37 PM   #11
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I found a heat gun helped a bit too

Get some progress pics up when you have a chance dude

If I were you I'd keep the door cards. They may add a bit of weight but the doors are damn ugly without them - unless you plan on a carbon fibre covering of some sort.

Get rid of the electric window motors too, they weigh a crazy amount. If you're being really extreme there's a whole load of plastic behind the dash that you don't need aswell. My mate took the dash out of his track ZS and took the old Dremil to all the non-vital parts. It's amazing what you can remove!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-10, 06:46 PM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Managed some more today, all the carpets removed, part of the console, B pillar trims etc. So just the two front seats for comfort.

Tomorrow it'll be doorcards and some of the dash items. Then the underdash soundproofing mats and anything else that need not be there! I haven't done this much since I last built a hotrod. Need to get a couple of aluminium chequer plate panels for the floor area.

Christ it ain't half noisey now!
Old 27-03-10, 07:00 PM   #13
Marky Mark

Marky Mark is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I bet you feel like a big kid again Mick, your zed is going to be great fun when you get her on track and fully stripped out, and I bet you will enjoy going through tunnels with the windows down even more now!

I would like to strip mine out, but mine is a daily driver still at the moment so it shall wait, but I am not sure when!
Marky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-10, 07:11 PM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yea It's been way too long having fun on track. I'm quite enjoying removing all the items, I was apprehensive at first as I didn't want to ruin a perfectly good ZS. However after thinking about it, why keep it as a road car if it is going to spend more time off it!

I maybe building another track car as Gina is getting another Scirocco for spares, she needs the dash, door cards and seats from it as they are mint. The body is pretty good and runs a nasp GT engine, which is ideal as I have some Weber 40's in the garage So looks like I may be going back on the ovals again!
Old 27-03-10, 07:24 PM   #15
Marky Mark

Smile

Hey, nice one sounds very interesting, twin 40's awesome, classic old skool project then Mick. Will the car be on the road for this summer then?

I have never taken my car on track, but would like too, the only problem I have is that I work late shifts and alot of trackdays are during the week in the evenings I have seen on the forum.

The weekends would be better, or I could always take a night off work!

How do I go about finding out about trackdays etc?
Old 27-03-10, 07:30 PM   #16
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
just take a sicky mark lol
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-10, 07:36 PM   #17
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Hey, nice one sounds very interesting, twin 40's awesome, classic old skool project then Mick. Will the car be on the road for this summer then?

I have never taken my car on track, but would like too, the only problem I have is that I work late shifts and alot of trackdays are during the week in the evenings I have seen on the forum.

The weekends would be better, or I could always take a night off work!

How do I go about finding out about trackdays etc?
Hi Mark, this is the one we have been on, but it was only for 1/2 hour at Brands, cost £25. Just had a quick look and it is now all day, am or pm at a lot more cost. Dont know if they have stopped the cheapie one, may be worth a phone call!!

http://www.clubmsv.co.uk/car-home/novice-only.aspx

Old 27-03-10, 07:36 PM   #18
Marky Mark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb steve View Post
just take a sicky mark lol
What me, I would never dream of doing something like that Steve! lol

What with all the palarva with one of John Graystone's chats filling out the back to work form!!
Old 27-03-10, 07:42 PM   #19
Marky Mark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Hi Mark, this is the one we have been on, but it was only for 1/2 hour at Brands, cost £25. Just had a quick look and it is now all day, am or pm at a lot more cost. Dont know if they have stopped the cheapie one, may be worth a phone call!!

http://www.clubmsv.co.uk/car-home/novice-only.aspx

Nice one Peter, thankyou, that has all the info I want prices are not too bad, but I guess it depends on when you go like you say, I have added it too my favourites, maybe we could sort out a trackday somewhere sometime in the summer months?
Old 27-03-10, 07:52 PM   #20
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Nice one Peter, thankyou, that has all the info I want prices are not too bad, but I guess it depends on when you go like you say, I have added it too my favourites, maybe we could sort out a trackday somewhere sometime in the summer months?
Sounds good to me, I dont know what happened to Wills Brands trip??

He was trying to get dates etc sorted for April.