theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-03-10, 06:44 AM   #11
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
The problem is Stamford if it goes to insurance they will write it off. and its not worth much as its been a CAT C previous. Fortunatly most of it has polished out and the mirror cover is intact and undamaged i am getting a new one today from george so its not going to cost me any money to put right

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-10, 07:05 AM   #12
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Had a similar incident with a bus. They didn't use an insurance co. All they did was ask me to send them a quote for a paint repair - I did - plus £50 for expenses and the cheque came through within a week.

Worth a letter to their transport/fleet dept.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-10, 07:07 AM   #13
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yea I agree with you there Alan, but these bastards should not be allowed to get away with this, at least follow it up to make the council and depot aware that it happened. No need to involve insurance as it is your call. Just shows the poor level of awareness and lack of respect these people have for 'their customers', we pay their wages out of our taxes!
Old 26-03-10, 09:29 AM   #14
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
my sister had the same thing happen to her by her local bin people... had no proof like you - except it was the right 'day\time' for it to have been them. Other than a compliant there was nothing she could do about it.

Maybe she should have tried Stamfords approach though i certianly will in the future if it were to happen to me...

My problem is that my car gets hit by crap drivers who can't parallel park all the time and there is no way for me to identify which **** did it on each occasion....

It is the one reason i have never bother to get all the paintwork tidied up, as i know it will only last about a week while i live without my own driveway.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-10, 11:18 AM   #15
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
Are you sure your neighbour didn't see them do it? i am sure that if it had happened to my neighbours car i would have noticed something.
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-10, 01:08 PM   #16
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I've got a feeling that some authoritied self insure, the premiums were getting so big they decided that it was cheaper to take the hits and pay out, but also chase for payment if they got hit.

One of our trucks hit a bus in London and I'm sure we were dealing with the operating company direct, not an insurance company.

Dont know how Local Authorities work but wouldn't surprise me if they self insured.

Down here in the local paper, I saw there were 205 claims for damage caused to vehicles by pot holes, how many claims were paid out???????????

None, refused them all.

Old 26-03-10, 02:11 PM   #17
grimmy

I work for a local authority and I know we are not self insured we are insured by one of the big companies oh and most local authorities are not responsible for roads any more they are now ppp's also I know a lot of cleansing contracts ie binmen are now private contractors

Last edited by grimmy; 26-03-10 at 02:14 PM.
Old 26-03-10, 04:33 PM   #18
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
I have followed it up and got my point across to them on the other end of the phone and suprise suprise there is no report been put in by the driver

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-10, 06:28 PM   #19
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
To self insure you have to put up a multi million pound bond, I hope most local authorities don't have that sort of spare cash lying around.
Old 26-03-10, 06:38 PM   #20
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
roads are now covered by contractors mainly

bins maybe somebody else, however its worth figting!!
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote