theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 30-03-10, 07:29 PM   #21
ThumpJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
What's to think about, the ZS is a much more grown up car all round.
Much slower car too

It's not all about being grown-up: it won't have the engine wow factor the ZR has; it won't have the interior wow factor the ZR has; it won't be stupid and have a PS2 in it or have a sump that batters every speedbump around or stand out from all the others and win multiple trophies like the ZR does; and as nice a car as they are, they don't turn heads like my ZR does.

Think that quite comprehensively answers your question.

Quote:
I've just driven 200 miles in mine, 80 of this on local roads in rush hour traffic avoiding the M25, got out as fresh as when I got in.
I drove over 800 miles last weekend, and got out as fresh as when I got in with four awards in my hand. You're meant to be convincing me, not making my ZR sound better

Last edited by ThumpJunkie; 30-03-10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 30-03-10, 07:38 PM   #22
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
The Zs is a good choice

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-10, 07:39 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't say that my T16 maestro is that much quicker than my ZS, yes I know it's running a low psi and no intercooler but even so. The ZS will be quicker than you ZR in the twisty bits and a standard ZS180 is quicker than a standard ZR160 in a straight line drag after the first few yards.

What sump have you got on your tubby, I had a vitesse one on my originally, it would grind on the road under heavy breaking!

Last edited by talkingcars; 31-03-10 at 06:49 PM. Reason: edited cos I typed the cars wrong - I was tired!
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-10, 07:39 PM   #24
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpJunkie View Post
You and Gary's are the ones I keep thinking off... maybe Kev's too if he'd grow some balls and fit the big spoiler
For what is it is worth, I have the low level spoiler for reasons that I want to be different and NOT follow the rest of the ironing board spoiler , plus I think it makes the ZS look like a cash 'n' carry shopping trolley!

Quote:
Aye, was thinking that I'll probably have to travel. If it's local I'll see if Kev wants to tag along and advise me too.
No probs, if I'm free and nothing on, I'll give ye a hand to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Aye Kevs ze man, helped me oot over the phone when myself and Sammy were checking over mine
Yeah, done this over the phone, listening for plenum rattles etc, that was a funny moment!

Last edited by KevG; 30-03-10 at 07:43 PM.
KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-10, 07:41 PM   #25
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
i wouldn't say that my t16 maestro is that much quicker than my zs, yes i know it's running a low psi and no intercooler but even so. The zs will be quicker than you zr in the twisty bits and a standard zr180 is quicker than a standard zr180 in a straight line drag after the first few yards.

What sump have you got on your tubby, i had a vitesse one on my originally, it would grind on the road under heavy breaking!
zr180??

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-10, 07:46 PM   #26
ThumpJunkie

Quote:
I wouldn't say that my T16 maestro is that much quicker than my ZS, yes I know it's running a low psi and no intercooler but even so. The ZS will be quicker than you ZR in the twisty bits and a standard ZR180 is quicker than a standard ZR180 in a straight line drag after the first few yards.

What sump have you got on your tubby, I had a vitesse one on my originally, it would grind on the road under heavy breaking!
If you're meaning the ZR 160, there is something like 0.1 of a second difference in 0-60 times between that and a 180. My ZR was a 160 to begin with, and I can assure you that the extra 60+ horses from the new engine make quite a bit of difference.

The sump's a Ti one, it batters everything, actually surprised there's any oil left in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
For what is it is worth, I have the low level spoiler for reasons that I want to be different and NOT follow the rest of the ironing board spoiler , plus I think it makes the ZS look like a cash 'n' carry shopping trolley!
I know, we've had this discussion a few times and I still think you're a jobbyheid for not getting one!

Quote:
No probs, if I'm free and nothing on, I'll give ye a hand to look.
Good man, I knew you'd be willing to help out if possible, thanks Kev
Old 30-03-10, 07:51 PM   #27
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe the 0-60 times arnt much different but its the corners that make you smile in a 180, Id suggest you take one for a decent test drive and see how it compares to the ZR you may be pleasantly surprised. Nows a good time to buy when they are going so cheap, maybe some more bargins as the petrol prices keep going up too!! Its a buyers market

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-10, 07:54 PM   #28
ThumpJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Maybe the 0-60 times arnt much different but its the corners that make you smile in a 180, Id suggest you take one for a decent test drive and see how it compares to the ZR you may be pleasantly surprised. Nows a good time to buy when they are going so cheap, maybe some more bargins as the petrol prices keep going up too!! Its a buyers market
Definitely mate, I've always wanted one, and the prices are ridiculously low right now.

WRT handling, the lump of pig iron at the front of my car and the fact it's so low that the tyres scrape off the inner arches makes it about as much use on the corners as a mingeless hooker! I've always been attracted by the ZS's handling TBH.
Old 30-03-10, 08:00 PM   #29
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Yeah, done this over the phone, listening for plenum rattles etc, that was a funny moment!
lol i mind saying tae Sammy, whit the fecks that rattling noise?? Response straight away, I don't know....tell ye what I'll phone kev

Quote:
Definitely mate, I've always wanted one, and the prices are ridiculously low right now.

WRT handling, the lump of pig iron at the front of my car and the fact it's so low that the tyres scrape off the inner arches makes it about as much use on the corners as a mingeless hooker! I've always been attracted by the ZS's handling TBH.
Could actually be quite interesting that one, sure there are plenty uses for ane o them
Old 30-03-10, 08:25 PM   #30
rozzr

rozzr is on a distinguished road
Much better build quality in the ZS too mate, makes a nice change after a ZR.
MG ZR 120 2003 - sold
MG ZR 105 2002 - sold
MG ZS 120 2004 - sold
Ford Focus ST 2007 - CURRENT!
rozzr is offline   Reply With Quote