theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-04-10, 05:35 PM   #1
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
a fair price?

arghhh

what do you think is a fair price for a

51 plate zs 180 saloon in red with 69k on the clock

belts done 2 yr ago along with inlet
hid lights
bmc
duplex zorst
tints
nice sterio
18 inovac rims in white
ebc brakes
clean car clean interior
mk2 grill with mk1 as spare
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 05:49 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Got an 02, 105k one on Autotrader needs new clutch, dont know about belts, for £900.

Other 02's around £1500, so depends what you price the extras at and belts/inlet done.

£1500 to £2,000 depends on how it drives and if its well cared for.

End of the day its getting on a bit now. Any MOT or tax???

Old 01-04-10, 05:55 PM   #3
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Its got some tasty mods and with belts done and low mileage for the year, its got to be worth at least £1500?
Old 01-04-10, 05:55 PM   #4
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
in my quest for a zs, i found this,
http://pistonheads.com/sales/1588222.htm
its actually a memember on this forum.

most people who know a bit will know its overpriced, but im willing to spend the cash on the right car as it saves having to do it myself etc.

take a 1200 quid 02 zs, by the time iv paid and traveled to have bits and bobs done to it such as belts, mots, tax, zorst fittings etc it soon all adds up..

i offered 2k, he said no, so i went 100 more to 2100.. but hes after 2250.... i rekon 2200 would get it.. but its overpriced dont you think?
Old 01-04-10, 06:02 PM   #5
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Maybe a bit more after looking at the advert, looks very nice.
£1800-£2000
Old 01-04-10, 06:05 PM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Does seem rather high tbh. Its a nice car and should be worth that but when you compare it to the market its overpriced.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 06:11 PM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Its the old story, you get what you pay.

When you read the ad it looks well speced and 12 months mot, 6 months tax, got to be worth a bit. I reckon its worth the extra £500/£600 over some of the others on Autotrader.

Depends on how it drives, each car is different and as soon as you move off you can tell if its up together and feels right.

Think your offer was fair but the owner wants to recoup some of the expense for his upgrades, which if fair enough. To me it all comes down to age of the car, that you can't change and they don't sell as classics yet!!!

I bought a turbo 440 Volvo, 50k and everything worked, went like stink all for £200 as it was 10 years old.

Old 01-04-10, 06:44 PM   #8
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

the way i saw or see it is you might pay 2k for a 51 zs with belts done 18s zorst and filter.

then its got extras such as hids, nice sterio, red wheel. which if i wanted to i could sell for £200 quid thus bringing it back to a 2k car i spose
Old 01-04-10, 06:54 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Thats one way of looking at it, if you have the money to spend on it as you say its prob better to pay that bit more and get a ready sorted car than have the hassle and expense.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 07:07 PM   #10
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
What happened to Boot hill's hatch ... he posted a "I'll take your £2500" ... in the thread ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote