theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-04-10, 07:14 PM   #11
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
What happened to Boot hill's hatch ... he posted a "I'll take your £2500" ... in the thread ?
well, i saw that, but i am put of by the amount of problems he has had with that car. plus it has a sunroof. plus its a zs180 51 plate for 2500 quid

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 01-04-10 at 07:33 PM.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 09:19 PM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Question is what are you willing to pay for it? Don't forget these cars are underpriced for what they offer out of the box, this one is more so. If that were me I would pay the £2250 or there-a-bouts. If you do not intend to keep it then I wouldn't buy one in that range. What are you going to be doing with it?
Old 01-04-10, 09:30 PM   #13
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Question is what are you willing to pay for it? Don't forget these cars are underpriced for what they offer out of the box, this one is more so. If that were me I would pay the £2250 or there-a-bouts. If you do not intend to keep it then I wouldn't buy one in that range. What are you going to be doing with it?
to be fair, i just want a car in my garage lol, iv no plans to sell on for a profit. its destined for track so leccy rear widnows woudl go, but money back etc

i see the car as being good value for money, a few hundred quid more expensive than it should be but in life what dos that mater?

if i bought a car for 1300 quod that had nothing its suprising how easy it adds up for the sale price of this car?

iv almost made my mind up but it IS a lot of money for a mk1 zs 51 plate... there is opertunity to buy for less, but is the greif worth it

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 01-04-10 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-04-10, 09:49 PM   #14
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
iv almost made my mind up but it IS a lot of money for a mk1 zs 51 plate... there is opertunity to buy for less, but is the grief worth it
Yep but are the other mk1 51 plates any better value at the lower prices?? Thats the main thing to look at i think, condition and whether the others are as well known or as easy to trace their histories. This could be more of a known quantity and as said sell off the bits you don't want from it and make the money back. Sounds like this is more of a bargain than the others imo
Old 01-04-10, 09:49 PM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
You answered your own question there. Pay that little bit more for something that has had the money spent on it in the right manner. Not one that has been messed with but one that has been thoughtfully modified. Buying one for less than £1500 is buying what? Something that is tired and needs money put into it to make it what you want, but it is still tired underneath.

Mine is a 52 plate, I've owned it for 5 years this month, it has done over 70k, 50k I have put on and I am the second owner. Okay it is 8 years old this year but you wouldn't think so. But to think it is worth around £1500 is a crying shame. But that doesn't bother me as it has paid for itself now and moving into another phase in its life. I still consider it as work in progress because I still enjoy driving it and want to improve it, just can't afford to do it all as living is expensive these days.
Old 01-04-10, 09:59 PM   #16
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

indeed i set my eyes on this a week ago... but i need to justify the cost lol.. its just money!!! and whats a few hundred quid in the grand scheme of things!! i sent him a text but waiting for a reply
Old 01-04-10, 10:05 PM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

Who do you have to justify it to? Sounds like you are getting old and feeling guilty!
Old 01-04-10, 10:05 PM   #18
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
ive found some nice ones ???

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...73ad?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...73ad?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...73ad?logcode=a

theres a few on there with very low miles as well one with only 38k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/u.../sort/priceasc

Last edited by tb steve; 01-04-10 at 10:14 PM.
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 09:44 AM   #19
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Who do you have to justify it to? Sounds like you are getting old and feeling guilty!

PMSL... I said this to him the other day.. Sometimes i wonder if he is actually 40 years old, and has just had a face lift to look younger ...lol

Ive known him 7 years now, and he seems to be getting worse for whinging lol.

The other way to look at this, is if things have been bought already then they are not new no more, and are getting old.

If he buys a car for a grand, then spends the money upgrading, then the parts he adds will be brand new, and he will have the most enjoyment out of them. And at least he knows the age and condition then, rather than relying on hearsay.

Zs`s are now dropping in value in the salvage market now, a 03 plate with very light front damage, went for £310.00 the other day.

Rover 75`s and Zt`s still hold there price in the salvage market.

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 10:00 AM   #20
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

im bored of looking for a zs now.

cant be to hard?

either modified with belts done for up to 2250 ish

or std ish with belts not done for 1k-1200..