theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 16-06-10, 10:19 AM   #21
ljr09

ljr09 is on a distinguished road
Love - fantastic value for money, excellent handling, this forum
Hate - rattly drivers door, door handles and appalling turning circle making people think i can't drive ( which i can - honest )
ljr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 12:00 PM   #22
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Love - The fact that it is a diesel so great fuel consumption, is still great fun to drive with 83K on the clock, looks stunning and the ability to tune it cheaply*

Hate - the fact that i started to tune it, as i really wanted a 180 but could not live with the consumption or insurance; Also hate the fact i never know if the rear handles will come off in my hand!

*if you are sensible and only do a few choice mods unlike me who got a bit carried away
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 01:25 PM   #23
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
Love - The fact that it is a diesel so great fuel consumption, is still great fun to drive with 83K on the clock, looks stunning and the ability to tune it cheaply*

Hate - the fact that i started to tune it, as i really wanted a 180 but could not live with the consumption or insurance; Also hate the fact i never know if the rear handles will come off in my hand!

*if you are sensible and only do a few choice mods unlike me who got a bit carried away
Think you are brave, pushing the L series as far as you have and also posting good points and the bad bits.

Easy for people to talk the talk and do nothing, always read your progress posts with interest. ( and I'll let you off regarding the yellow!!!)
Old 16-06-10, 08:59 PM   #24
stevelou5

stevelou5 is on a distinguished road
love: the styling of the mk2 with 180 kit!!! as its a real head turner just love the looks

hate: rattles and harsh ride

First came the wheel....then came the zs the end!!
stevelou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-10, 08:05 PM   #25
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
This is an interesting thread for me who's looking at getting one
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-10, 11:57 AM   #26
Saint Bailey

Saint Bailey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by haGGard View Post
This is an interesting thread for me who's looking at getting one
^.^ Hope it has helped.

Saint Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-10, 12:17 PM   #27
Huffy

Huffy is on a distinguished road
Hmmmmmm.... Love the way it handles, looks and now with SDi, the way it goes, love the fuel consumption as its an oil burner.

Hate - the fact that it was obviously built on a friday the list of repacment parts is huge! .... having just replaced the Turbo hoses last week, its now leaking water from the rad pipe...say goodby to ?60!!!

MONTY

MK2 ZS160d+ SDi A Kind of Magic, Puff of smoke and I'm gone!

Engine - SDI, Kestrel Kevlar Clutch & Lightened Fly wheel, AAS De-Cat, Rover Ron MAf,
Cotton Green K4.80 Air filter, Roose Motorsport Turbo Pipes. Custom Stainless Turbo Outlet, AAS Full Stainless custom Exhaust!

Toyo Proxie t1R's, Front and Rear ZS 180 Brakes, Drilled & Grooved Disks, Mintex Pads. Moto-Build Springs

ICE - Sony BTX3600u Head, Bluetooth ODBII, Android Torque App. Forza USB!

30psi Boost Gague

MGZS TsDi :Smoke if you've got one!!!

157bhp / 242 ft/lb
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-10, 08:30 PM   #28
leezs110

leezs110 is on a distinguished road
Talking

I love the style of the mk2, wanted one for ages & like the fact that i wont see one around every corner & they look sexy in iggy blue!

Best of all has to be the handling, it sticks to the road like glue, loves corners & you can make owners of more expensive cars look very silly!

Mines a 110+ so only a 1.6 but on a recent trip to Swindon i clocked 160 miles over weekend & only used ?15 worth of fuel!

The interior rattles are a bit annoying but get used to that & i may sound like a grandad here but think the suspension is a tad too hard over rough road surfaces which makes for a hard ride!

However to anyone thinking of buying a ZS you`d be hard pushed to find better value for money, you are getting a lot of car for not that much dosh....work it out for yourself...........its simples!
leezs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-10, 08:43 PM   #29
SheppeyTrio

SheppeyTrio is on a distinguished road
Love:- Everything about my Mk2

Hate:- Selling it!!!!!!!!
SheppeyTrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-10, 11:23 AM   #30
Marky Mark

Marky Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile

Love the sound of the V6, and turns alot of heads, and how it catches quite a few peeps out how quick it is. The handling is awesome.

I dislike the fact you can't tune the 180 much unless you have a pot full of money! Wish the Mark 1 straights were easier to clean sometimes.
Marky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote