theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-09-09, 02:43 PM   #1
rbull51

rbull51 is on a distinguished road
Has anybody fitted the side boot / luggage net ??

I have bought the boot tidy / luggage net that fits on the side of the boot (saloon) but the instructions that come with it are shocking!! Has anyone got any pictures of one fitted??
rbull51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 06:09 PM   #2
Zippy Saloon

Got this pic of one (in hatchback though - saloon must be similar) from accessories brochure.
Can you scan instructions, with a head scratching session someone may be able to come up with solution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boot net.jpg (81.8 KB, 31 views)
Old 11-09-09, 10:42 PM   #3
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
I bought one a year ago and still haven't fitted it. Instructions are crap, they just tell you to drill in random places!
Old 12-09-09, 06:13 AM   #4
Zippy Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
Instructions are crap
When I first got the Zed I bought a genuine MGR rear seat cover for the dogs. Not cheap so I thought it would be good, arrived and it has so many holes and slots for seat belts, headrests etc it hardly qualifies as a cover! Couple of ties for location and a suggestion to basically tuck it in around cushions as much as possible, instructions were a poor photocopy of a poor photocopy of a poor photocopy of a poor photocopy etc etc - hardly readable.
Got a feeling someone popped down the market and bought a cover for about 75p then MGR put about £30 on before selling it.
This from a company that was supposedly aiming for the top end of the market!
Old 12-09-09, 06:21 AM   #5
Zippy Saloon

Had a look on xpart site and found this:
http://www.mgroveraccessories.com/sh...kit/index.html
Trouble is that these "kits" often seem to be 2 screws and a washer - cannot tell what this one includes
Old 12-09-09, 07:10 AM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
All the Xpart accesories I've bought have had really good instructions.

These were boot mounted triangle and drivers lumber support (didn't realise the 180 already had one). I'm sure there was something else but I can't remember what.
Old 12-09-09, 09:27 AM   #7
Zippy Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
All the Xpart accesories I've bought have had really good instructions.
As a general rule I'd agree, front fogs, triangle, sun blind, aux socket, rechargeable torch and even the load liner (which you simply put in the boot, NOT rocket science!), just the seat cover was disappointing / appalling - iirc it did come with a nice reusable bag
Old 12-09-09, 12:22 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I guess you need to fit the fixings where they touch, just don't drill through external panels. I've ordered the ZR version ao will let you know what I think when it arrives.
Old 12-09-09, 12:28 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
On my hatch behind the carpet on the right there was some metal brackets pretty sure they had some holes in them that im guessing are where you want to screw in, Why dont you pop the carpet out and have a look see if the holes would line up and if so can transfer them across to drill through the carpet? Just a thought

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 12:38 PM   #10
rbull51

rbull51 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Saloon View Post
As a general rule I'd agree, front fogs, triangle, sun blind, aux socket, rechargeable torch and even the load liner (which you simply put in the boot, NOT rocket science!), just the seat cover was disappointing / appalling - iirc it did come with a nice reusable bag
All these little extra's....hhmmmm. What do you mean by aux socket? Is it a rear ciagrette lighter? Where did you get them all from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I guess you need to fit the fixings where they touch, just don't drill through external panels. I've ordered the ZR version ao will let you know what I think when it arrives.
What have you ordered?
rbull51 is offline   Reply With Quote