theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-02-08, 02:48 PM   #71
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
how did you get into the forestry stuff? I quite fancy it

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-08, 03:19 PM   #72
weagie

weagie is on a distinguished road
Try any private tree surgery company or go on to the forestry commission but you'll start as a basic labourer dragging stuff about and tidying up after folk then you may get put through the first saw course which is a good laugh. I got my commission job through a uni placement and the wage was mince to start with.
weagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-08, 08:26 PM   #73
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
When I left school I went into airfreight as an export clerk and worked up to sales before I got feed up with being made redundant.

Then while training as a driving instructor I did some driving for a local agency in white vans and 7.5 tonners.

Then after 8 years as an instructor I got bored and went to work for a VW/Audi dealers as a valater, it is really hard to get back into normal employment after being self employed and this was the first job I was offered, eventually I got fed up with the company as although they knew I could do more and often got me to do parts sales, servicing, customer reception and even demonstrating they wouldn't let me move up as they couldn't get hard working valaters.

After a bit of agency driving I ended up at a courier company for 18 months that led to an offer of a 7.5t driving job with a special event furniture hire company, www.spaceworks.co.uk , great job for the single man as we were at the heart of the entertainment business doing most major sporting and media events, F1, american champcar, superbikes, international rallying, wimbledon, chealse flower show, the brits (did that 5 years on the trot). I put myself through LGV2 and LGV1 while here. Unfortunatly durring while working here I became unmarried and when I remarried I walked out a week later.

9 months of driving Royal Mail artics for manpower got very boring so I took a job with a local civils plastic merchant as a 7.5 driver and when we got taken over I progressed to rigid crane lorries (including releif driver for our wagon and drag - a cab length longer than an artic!), unfortunatly the area we covered got smaller so the furthest one would drive is about 30 miles, 2 hours driving and 6 hours loading unloading, even with a remote control crane is not my idea of fun. I got myself transfered into the yard with the intention of working up to distrabution manager, it is slow progress but I might get there before I retire.

Currently my job consists of running an inter depot trunker (from load planning through admin to driving the fork lift to laod it), I am also a releif driver and jack of all trades in the yard and try to get my finger into as many aspects of the depot and company as possible, today I spent 2 hours sweeping up before spending some time in my capacity as a member of the companies directors/employees commitee (20 of us from 1100 staff).

Officially my job title is "LGV relief driver", my employer is www.burdens.co.uk

In my spare time I am doing an open university BSc.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-08, 08:35 PM   #74
Shafz

Shafz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS B19LYB View Post
dnt think av answred this one lol. here goes anyway am a full time student studying business computing at cov uni and work as a sales consultant at Phones 4 u part time.
Didnt realise you were at Cov uni, never seen you around
Old 16-02-08, 04:30 PM   #75
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
I went to Cov uni (finished in 1999 though!) had a great time despite most Cov being a right dump!
Old 16-02-08, 04:48 PM   #76
wilko66

wilko66 is on a distinguished road
Well i'm a paperboy

John
wilko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-08, 04:49 PM   #77
wilko66

wilko66 is on a distinguished road
No really I am

John
wilko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-08, 06:52 PM   #78
georgiansoccer

I am a production engineer at Ingenico in Dalgety Bay.
We do secure payment terminals. Chip and pin machines at checkouts and in the banking industry etc
Old 16-02-08, 09:41 PM   #79
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilko66 View Post
No really I am
Yeah I'd like to see you deliver all those ******* papers on a bike John by the time you'd finished your round the paper would be about 6 months out of date

I know what you are........no not a ******

I like trucking! I like trucking! I like trucking because I love to truck! *parp parp*

Jim

Last edited by Boot Hill Bandit; 16-02-08 at 09:42 PM. Reason: swear filter is working nicely.......thank ****
Boot Hill Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 12:45 PM   #80
Zedhead

Zedhead is on a distinguished road
Im in the Music Industry,
im self employed and involved in Producing and Remixing (mainly Dance music) but I have worked with many different styles of music, different people and record labels, been doing it for roughly 8 years, since I left school (im 24 now)
I have a studio built at home were I mainly work from,
its not really a job that has demanding and set hours, so over the years I have managed to fit a couple of different things in along side it,

In the early days of leaving school I also worked as a DJ, and trained as a Sound & Light Engineer, and then worked as a Sound and Light installer/Engineer for a year or so,

I then got very deep in to the Production/Remixing and Mastering and put a lot more time in to doing that,

to simply tie me over when I had quiet times I decided to start an online cd/vinyl store, which sadly due to the current state of music sales I recently decided to stop trading and get out before things go wrong,

im still involved in Producing, Remixing and Mastering and im currently in the process of setting up a new business with my Farther, an Audio/Visual Installation service combined with Testing and inspection, and were doing our own one off custom installs that can pretty much be tailored to whatever the customer wants

Last edited by Zedhead; 17-02-08 at 01:17 PM.
Zedhead is offline   Reply With Quote