theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-04-15, 10:25 AM   #1
hansligg

hansligg is on a distinguished road
130 Miles mixed driving Petrol Drinker

In my 180 topped tank up with £50 which seemed to give me almost a full tank (pin was over full)

Travelled 130 Miles of mixed country roads and motorway including a little play with a random XPG mk2 Saloon.

when I got home tank was 3/5 full so I had used 2/5 of a full tank.

now i dont know about you but i was expecting to use a little less than this, but the petrol pin was fluctuating from above half to 3/5 mark.

Would you say this was normal petrol usage?
hansligg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 10:45 AM   #2
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Hard to say as your method of calculating is very crude. Considering you put £50 in the tank, adding another £5 might have given you a full tank to work on.

Less than full tank and above half way for 130 miles sounds roughly about right to me.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 10:45 AM   #3
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
I average with mixed driving with cams, manifolds back and ITG around 29MPG.
Before the cams etc. I got around the same. But with a fast weekend it's at the lower end of the 20's
So if you can convert to a MPG figure then we'll have a better indication.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 11:27 AM   #4
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
A more accurate guide is to brim the tank until the nozzle clicks, note the mileage, drive it, then brim it again and note the mileage and the amount of fuel added, high twenties / low thirties would be about right imo.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 05:04 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
A more accurate guide is to brim the tank until the nozzle clicks, note the mileage, drive it, then brim it again and note the mileage and the amount of fuel added, high twenties / low thirties would be about right imo.
This is what I do but using www.fuelly.com .

The MG Rover gauge is not very accurate, mine can be touching the red mark but still have a fifth of a tank left.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 06:23 PM   #6
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
All depends on the right foot.....Now you say country roads and a little play. In my book that is ZS FUN territory and that means just one thing GULP GULP. If you want to drive economically then 55 on a motorway, and try to stay awake lol....I know which I prefer, even if my wallet doesnt.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote