theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-03-09, 08:11 PM   #1
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
Ditto. Only a few times have I gone beyond the limit of taction, but but in all occasions its been very easy to control - in fact very little input was required from me.

What I love to see if cars behind trying to keep up with me round corners... a look in the rear view mirrior often sees them understeering right across the other side of the road, or the back end getting skittish. All that when the Zed is barely breaking a sweat! They need to learn their cars just aint as good as a ZS
Old 11-03-09, 08:49 PM   #2
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjP View Post
a few times have I gone beyond the limit of taction, but but in all occasions its been very easy to control - in fact very little input was required from me.
100% agree... been there 'just a few' times myself in the ZR & ZS.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 09:46 PM   #3
TjP

The ZS is probably one of the best handling FWD cars around... why would you keep it on the motorway??
Old 12-03-09, 01:54 PM   #4
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
for the brief while i had my car before i broke it before xmas, i was playing with the new power i got out of it, and was going down some nice country roads near bristol...

left a mini cooper for dead round the corners, and i know he was trying as every time we got to a straight bit he would be 2mm from my back bumper... but just could not stay with me when i threw the car at the corner without touching the brakes...

Dont think he was expecting it to do that, the ATB may have helped some-what there

the ony, downside with it being such a nice car to drive is the adversion it has for potholes, i have developed a 6th sense to avoid them, and on raod i know have learnt where anything that makes it crash a bit is and drive round it lol
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-09, 05:04 PM   #5
XPCobra

XPCobra is on a distinguished road
I'm not 100% confident with the rear of the zs, had it step out a few times, however i'm not really into going mental on country lanes/roads.

However this is just my opinion

have drove a scoob ( 2000 P1 ) and loved the awd system, gives a gradual feel to the rear end slipping out, rather than Aaaaarggghhhh! foot down more and full lock the other way

Again different class of car

and again just my opinion.
XPCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-09, 04:38 PM   #6
ian zs180

The zs does handle superb i have thrown mine around a few times and it just takes it all in its stride no hairy moments just handles great ... Tiff neddle once said its one of the best front wheel drive cars he has driven ,that just goes to show how good the zs is on handling .
Old 14-03-09, 04:57 PM   #7
TjP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian zs180 View Post
The zs does handle superb i have thrown mine around a few times and it just takes it all in its stride no hairy moments just handles great ... Tiff neddle once said its one of the best front wheel drive cars he has driven ,that just goes to show how good the zs is on handling .
Yeah I watched this on youtube. ZS 180 agianst a Clio 172 (or was it a 182?) and a Civic Type R. Very proud moment even though the Zed came last (bit staged maybe?).
Old 14-03-09, 04:55 PM   #8
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPCobra View Post
I'm not 100% confident with the rear of the zs, had it step out a few times, however i'm not really into going mental on country lanes/roads.

However this is just my opinion

have drove a scoob ( 2000 P1 ) and loved the awd system, gives a gradual feel to the rear end slipping out, rather than Aaaaarggghhhh! foot down more and full lock the other way

Again different class of car

and again just my opinion.
Get the tracking/geo done on the car and some decent rubber. My back end used to step out is pushing it, got some decent rubber on it and had the tracking done (which was way out) and I have to be REALLY pushing it for it to do it now
Old 14-03-09, 07:25 PM   #9
XPCobra

XPCobra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
Get the tracking/geo done on the car and some decent rubber. My back end used to step out is pushing it, got some decent rubber on it and had the tracking done (which was way out) and I have to be REALLY pushing it for it to do it now
have toyo t1r's all round, and i personally laser tracked it. has new trailing arm bushes too.

Anyway country roads just arent my thing, uneven surfaces, potholes, grounding out, not many accidents, AND my brothers friend died yesterday, went right into a tree on his way back from oban, shame met him 2 weeks back in sea, seemed alrite
XPCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-09, 06:21 PM   #10
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
well i worked out the mpg i got on that run and she returned 31mpg. not bad fro a 3.5k rpm average. im sure i would get a few more if i kept it below 3k rpm

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote