AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-08-10, 10:26 AM   #21
Simon's ZS-120

Simon's ZS-120 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
IMO Engery drinks=Very bad for your body.
well it replaced the need of monday night drinking for me plus with my new job im doing 72 hour weeks and just need that boost to get me through a 35 hour shift so this helps alot and i love the taste of the ripper

The MG ZS MK2 120 In X-Power Grey
Simon's ZS-120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 10:50 AM   #22
grimmy

these energy drinks are indeed bad for you given the massive amounts of caffeine and that can be addictive,but i am guessing most of this country is addicted to the stuff i am the same as supercharged z but it is tea not coffe that is my fix of choice,For rme its like most thing to much of anything is bad for you,Caffeine, fatty foods,alcohol etc its all about moderation,Energy drinks do a job to get you going but it is definatley not a long term solution to being knackered all the time.Think i willl go to the shop now right enough.
Old 10-08-10, 06:59 AM   #23
SticklesMickles

SticklesMickles is on a distinguished road
When i started my business 6 years ago, i was doing 70 hour weeks for the first 2 years, with only 4 days off per year.

You dont really need energy drinks, just do some decent weight training to keep your mind clear IMHO.

And as for taurine being crap, that stuff is like a miracle cure for the body according to wikipedia.

The only time i ever really used energy drinks and pro plus/coffee, was in my last job (before i started my own) when i was doing rotating dayshifts/nightshifts and physically could not stay awake after 3am without them, i fell asleep once while standing up pmsl.
SticklesMickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 09:43 AM   #24
Simon's ZS-120

i work alot of shift work and im doing 72 hour weeks and alot of my shifts consit of working for 25 hours a go but i sleep at work but when i sleep at work i dont sleep well so need the boost to keep me going as im on a double with sleep in next week its going to be insane

Old 10-08-10, 06:45 PM   #25
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
If your not sleeping well its probably the quantity of energy drinks your consuming. If your body is physically knackered like you say, you will sleep.
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 07:19 PM   #26
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Since i joined the Gym I Dont sleep that much anymore mebbe 5-6 hours at most

Feels good to wake up in the morning and be wide awake straight away

although i have gotta admit ive had those monstor drinks today and yesterday and after id had a can i felt like id just taken an ecstasy pill i was hyper as hell and i cud feel myself trying to burst out in laughter for no reason
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 07:41 PM   #27
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
well to throw my 2p at the conversation,

those energy drinks are horrifically bad for you in terms of the caffeine hit you are taking, and just look at the amount of sugar in most of them... personally i can't stand the stuff, and i am not surprised when you quote drinking the volume you do that you dont sleep well.

I am what is known as a 'bad sleeper' a good night for me is 4-5hours straight sleep, usually it is only 3 hours at a pop. until my body gets to the point of shutting down, this is the endless loop i am perpetually in. exercise makes ****** all difference either.

i can drink coffee quite happily, but any of those drinks with caffeine give me the shakes pretty quickly... i am sure it is the combination of stuff in them...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 07:47 PM   #28
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
well to throw my 2p at the conversation,

those energy drinks are horrifically bad for you in terms of the caffeine hit you are taking, and just look at the amount of sugar in most of them... personally i can't stand the stuff, and i am not surprised when you quote drinking the volume you do that you dont sleep well.
That may be my problem I struggle to get to sleep before 2-3 most nights.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 10:51 PM   #29
Simon's ZS-120

i can normally sleep better after a can of monster but when looking after children 24 hours a day you need that extra boost to keep you going

Old 14-08-10, 07:44 AM   #30
Simon's ZS-120

ust tried the monster lo-carb energy drink and it tastes so under powerd lol no kick dont by it stick to the ripper