theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-02-14, 08:17 PM   #31
Roverload

Roverload is on a distinguished road
Whatever dude. Yeh I may stick around, I'm more of a piston heads type of chap but you seem to have some good technical info which the other sites seem to lack, I'll be doing a guide to seam sealing at some point so I'll make sure I post a copy on here too because these zs cars are really susceptible to catastrophic rot in some awkward places!
Roverload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-14, 08:22 PM   #32
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Hi and welcome

James
Old 12-02-14, 08:28 PM   #33
Roverload

URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Roverload/media/WP_000866_zpsfbc74b8c.jpg.html][/URL]

Old 12-02-14, 08:34 PM   #34
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
That colour really de-ages the mk1. Nice motor
Old 12-02-14, 08:44 PM   #35
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverload View Post
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a shitty thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!
I don't think Dan was trying to suggest that the car had some hidden fault that you might not be aware of, there had been quite a few posts on here about it running too cold, the previous owner wanted to change the clocks, or move the temp needle to it's normal position so it would read just under half, which isn't a solution, it's just working round a potential issue, if he'd plugged a live data reader in it would have shown what temp the ecu was seeing, he could then have acted accordingly.

It's a good looking car, I hope you you stick around.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-14, 09:14 PM   #36
Roverload

It's going up to halfway and dropping to a quarter then back up and down so blatant thermostat, heaters don't get mentally hot either, I'm going to fit an oil temp gauge and pressure gauge soon anyway but my main priority is sorting the inner wings and floor pan, I love the car but the build quality is about the worst I've seen on such a modern car.
Old 13-02-14, 07:07 AM   #37
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverload View Post
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a shitty thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!
Not the best 'hello' post is it? Slagging off a respected member who has clearly proved he was not doing as you stated but was offering some friendly advice. 'Whatever' is not an apology in my book just a teenage reply to a parent or elder who has little respect.
Old 13-02-14, 09:41 AM   #38
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hi and

We are a friendly lot on here, and any help and advice will be freely given.

Pity if you took some advice the wrong way.

Stick around and you will see what a great site this is.

Old 13-02-14, 11:11 AM   #39
deano9621

deano9621 is on a distinguished road
hi all ,just to calm things down guys,ian i am happy that your happy with the zs,and to clear things up,i did replace the tempature gauge as it was very slow and would not move over a quarter,so put another one from another set of clocks of a zs 180 which are working alot better,hope this clears things a bit more,and no hard fellings guys,look after her Ian as i do miss her already looking at those pics
deano9621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-14, 11:35 AM   #40
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Looks more like Dan was trying to sell a set of clocks..............