theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-11-12, 02:18 PM   #11
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Great price Gary. I'm £450 and thought that was reasonable.
Old 20-11-12, 02:26 PM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I'm happy with mine £365 f/c with like for like mods covered and fully declared.
Old 20-11-12, 04:21 PM   #13
skyinsurance

skyinsurance is on a distinguished road
It is a great price but check and double check what you are buying, these comparison sites are great to a point but are guilty of selling stripped back policies with high excesses and placing you with companies who are almost un-contactable should you have a claim or a change to make.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html
skyinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-12, 04:45 PM   #14
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I stuck with Aplan this year as they quoted me for renewal the same as i paid last year....

given most things go up year on year - i didn't have the time to shop around... so thought it was not too bad...

mine is £250 excess car on drive, sd&c (with commuting deemed as travel to an airport) ncb and 9+ years ncb...

wished i lived in the country and not a city as i know the premium would drop significantly more than it currently sits at - but ah well, serves me right for modifying my car i suppose
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-12, 04:50 PM   #15
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post
It is a great price but check and double check what you are buying, these comparison sites are great to a point but are guilty of selling stripped back policies with high excesses and placing you with companies who are almost un-contactable should you have a claim or a change to make.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

my excess has been halved
Old 20-11-12, 06:38 PM   #16
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
I got a shock today. I called my insurer to do my 6 monthly insurance swap. I use the 180 for 6 months then swap over to my V6 Freelander for the other 6. Well I called them to do the swap and was shocked to find they want to charge my an extra £60!! For a Freelander?? Insurers must be bonkers. I can't see how a Freelander is a higher risk then the 180.
Old 20-11-12, 08:33 PM   #17
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Job might help Peter but its the big drop from last year that impressed me and my job was still the same then, only things that have changed from last year is i have dropped mileage by 2k, claire is now classed as housemum and another year of everything
you would be amazed how much little things like that actually help. If I put myself down as working on an oil rig it's roughly £150 more a year than if I just say I work for an oil company

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-12, 03:10 PM   #18
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Aye Nor very pleased, must be like a 1 year 'probationary' type thing where your risk of a second accident is regarded as high!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
That's a great price Gary, I pay very little less to cover my 110 & I have age on my side.
No that many year Marcus The postcode will probably help a lot too I think, would imagine IV2 is a lower risk than my old ML1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Hear what your saying, good think is it is AXA who are a decent contactable crowd, i think lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
you would be amazed how much little things like that actually help. If I put myself down as working on an oil rig it's roughly £150 more a year than if I just say I work for an oil company
Very true, remember i got a good drop when i went from delivery driver to signaller.
Old 21-11-12, 03:20 PM   #19
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Whilst we're talking about it, I got my insurance renewal through from Peter Best this morning - more than most of you are paying but then you're not in an M postcode.
Well pleased with them, and was worried that the renewal would shoot up to the 'normal' insurance company levels.
Old 21-11-12, 03:22 PM   #20
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Whilst we're talking about it, I got my insurance renewal through from Peter Best this morning - more than most of you are paying but then you're not in an M postcode.
Well pleased with them, and was worried that the renewal would shoot up to the 'normal' insurance company levels.
Mind you saying before your postcode made it a pita for insurance bud but good to hear you have got a good result for this year