Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23-02-10, 02:06 PM   #31
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post

£235 from April - but even if it was £425 - that's £190 more - roughly £16 a month. You'd bin it for £16 a month ?
£16 a month when your on min wage and barely managing to scrape through is a lot of money

I wudnt bin the car as i said above i have a massive garage so the car wud live in theyre

Sky TV is a waste of money as is a gym membership plenty of ways to loose weight other than going to a gym full of meatheads who after eating a mars bar Have to go on a treadmill for an hour
Old 23-02-10, 03:56 PM   #32
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
£16 a month when your on min wage and barely managing to scrape through is a lot of money

I wudnt bin the car as i said above i have a massive garage so the car wud live in theyre

Sky TV is a waste of money as is a gym membership plenty of ways to loose weight other than going to a gym full of meatheads who after eating a mars bar Have to go on a treadmill for an hour
From the sound of things you really shouldn't be owning this car or any cars. If I can't afford an extra £16/mth and have to survive on minimum wage, owning a car would be on the bottom of my priority list unless I need it to go to work.

There are many different views on Sky TV and gym membership whether they are waste of money or not. If one can enjoy these luxuries then they can afford to waste the money. One person's waste maybe another person's gold.
Old 23-02-10, 04:44 PM   #33
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
From the sound of things you really shouldn't be owning this car or any cars. If I can't afford an extra £16/mth and have to survive on minimum wage, owning a car would be on the bottom of my priority list unless I need it to go to work.

There are many different views on Sky TV and gym membership whether they are waste of money or not. If one can enjoy these luxuries then they can afford to waste the money. One person's waste maybe another person's gold.
selling the car is not an option simple as

Fair enough on the Gym and Repeat TV

Anyways enough of the arguing its childish
Old 23-02-10, 05:08 PM   #34
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
£16 extra a month is nothing considering my Sky TV package and gym membership costs me £100 a month. Personally I think it is pathetic someone have to sell their car because a rise of road tax by £190 a year.
So are you saying that not so well off people should not own a car?

Not everyone has money to burn as you seem to have

Old 23-02-10, 05:10 PM   #35
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan.F View Post

I was thinking this Alan.

But Chose To Not post it
Old 23-02-10, 05:23 PM   #36
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan.F View Post

A car is not a necessity in life as I said previously unless you need it for work. If you can't afford to own or run a car then yes I'm saying you shouldn't own a car simple as. I like to own an Aston Martin but I can't afford one so I don't have one.
Old 23-02-10, 05:31 PM   #37
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Thumbs down

Quote:
A car is not a necessity in life as I said previously unless you need it for work. If you can't afford to own or run a car then yes I'm saying you shouldn't own a car simple as. I like to own an Aston Martin but I can't afford one so I don't have one.
Im slowly starting to get wound up by this...what started of as a nice polite thread has turned into a battle of i earn more money than you Willy wangathon

I earn Min wage because the profession im in at the minute is as dry as a nuns **** for Work so ive settled for something less skilled although I really dont see why i should have to explain myself to you but i have

Me personally and a few others have stgated that they wud not pay £425 a year to tax what is essentially a Rover 45

i love my car but its not worth that a year
Old 23-02-10, 05:36 PM   #38
grimmy

Right i am gonna close this, was going to let it run after the op got the info required and asked for it to be closed but thought maybe people could keep it on topic now i can only see the thread content going downhill for no reason.

Closed Thread