theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-02-12, 07:04 PM   #31
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I hope things work out for you. You make a fair point.

The car clearly means more to you, so I hope that George can get it back to being the car it once was within your budget, and it does you proud for as long as you want it. I'm sure that there are a few bits and bobs lieing around in peoples sheds that you'll be able to get hold of for postage.

Having said that - getting it from the state it's in now, to the way it was before may take some doing...and I'll guess that it'll just never feel the same again.

All the best though.....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-12, 09:05 PM   #32
thestribb

thestribb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
I don't have £800 I don't have 20p to my name to be quite frank

You must have insured it for 800 sheets I don't kno anything bout insurance claims but I'm sure ull get close to that back

Money you get back buy another simples what's the big deal over it let it go

Just my honest and frank opinion

Hope G can help ya out

I'm sure he will

Bob
Insurance was taken out for £700 on that car, there's a £500 excess to pay before you even begin (£300 young driver, £200 voluntary) and then they'll simply write it off, and being that it's valued under £1k it'll likely get written off for about £200, meaning I'm £300 down in cash, lose two years no claims for doing it, and my premium doubles next year.

THAT'S why I'm trying to sort it independently. With respect Bob, I appreciate that you are providing an honest opinion, as have most people so far who have been supportive on the forum, but in this case at a time where I'm am under enough stress as it is, I'd prefer you to keep your opinion to yourself
thestribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-12, 09:44 PM   #33
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I meant like wings, front bumper matt.
I was only joking Blair. I was just pointing out that a week ago I was asking for skirts and spoilers to make his ZS look meaner, now he probably needs half your car to rebuild it! 'thestribb' is a close mate of mine and it was mainly me that got him into ZS ownership. He's been after mine for the last 5years
It is/was a fantastic ZS, drove like new and in decent condition too, the interior was factory fresh.
Really hope it gets back on the road as we only did one photoshoot in the dark!
Im sure between us we have 1 perfect Zed!
Old 13-02-12, 10:27 PM   #34
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
if the worst come to the worst go through the MIB i had to to this
i had to claim most of it through my insurance first anything else in losses to claim from the MIB and as its a new car (to you) anything you have just bought claim that as well (got £500 back for the tracker i added)
when the MIB pay out you will get your NCB back which is good

p.s dont know how it works if there is an injury involved ??
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-12, 10:37 PM   #35
thestribb

I'm looking at going through the MIB Steve, I've not heard of the NCB coming back though? Can you elaborate a little more as that may prove to be a good option?

EDIT: Just realised that I'm still not going to get any luck there, as I'm on TPF&T, so they won't pay out for any damages to my car.
Old 13-02-12, 11:08 PM   #36
tb steve

well i had my wrx got spanked 7.5k in damage we cought the bloke he had no insurance so went through MIB

if i have this right
so if you can prove it was not you fault and you cant claim there insurance you can claim through the MIB i dont think it matters if you TPFF ??
have you got a crime ref number ?? you will need one ask the officer for it

would ask your insurance about this or get the number for MIB and ask them they would no the ins and outs so to speak i can only go on what happend to me but would deff give them a buzz mate
Old 13-02-12, 11:24 PM   #37
tb steve

may be abit wrong about the proving it thing what happens if it was a hit a run and no witness (like you) its late sorry

just read here tho think this is what you need ???

http://www.mib.org.uk/Frequently+Ask...en/Default.htm
Old 13-02-12, 11:31 PM   #38
thestribb

I do have a witness, but they didn't see the car speed past me, just my reaction to it. I got an incident reference and the police officer actually rang me tonight to tell it was going down as a damage only RTC. My solicitor has said about going through the MIB, although it is a long winded process made even harder with limited witness statements and police reports, so we'll see what happens. They've asked me to get quotes from garages to a cost of repair which is what I'm proceeding with this week. We'll see how it goes, thanks for your advice though Steve, I'll keep you posted.