theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 30-03-11, 08:12 PM   #1
lewys

lewys is on a distinguished road
MG ZS td fusion performance remap figures

Had the car remapped at fusion performance in hinckley around 3-4 weeks ago, and was really pleased with the performance! went back today to get it rolling roaded to get the figures:

http://img856.imageshack.us/i/dyno1.jpg/

the car has had the following mods:
Larger downpipe
Decat
K4.80 filter
SDI injectors

On the rollers it ran 140bhp and 226 ft-lbs of torque, so your probably thinking not much of a gain for what has been done, but as you can see from the graph i have a horrible boost leak at 3000 rpm! Also i had a new clutch fitted since the remap, and since the new clutch has been fitted the car has not felt the same!

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=16534

Originally after the remap, i had a play with a remapped 1.9 diesel astra (150bhp standard) and a remapped 2.0 diesel volvo C30 (140bhp standard i think) and i was quicker than both. Since i have had the clutch changed i am not quicker than either so there is definately something wrong!

over the next week or 2 im going to sort the boost leak (fmic) and possibly look at sorting out the problem with the clutch (may result in a new clutch again if needs be!)

then it will be back to fusion, to get a proper run on the rollers! so watch this space.......

Last edited by lewys; 07-04-11 at 12:37 PM.
lewys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-11, 08:12 PM   #2
lewys

Old 30-03-11, 08:30 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Interesting -

I'm gonna get a remap 100% - but was hoping for closer to 150 to be honest.

Starting at 115 I don't think it's too much to ask to be honest -

Hoping to get at least 5 from a decat - 120ish - maybe 10 from SDis - 130ish - so I don't think 20 from a remap is a tall order to be honest.

Keep this updated mate with any faults you find....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-11, 09:09 PM   #4
Topov

Topov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Interesting -

I'm gonna get a remap 100% - but was hoping for closer to 150 to be honest.

Starting at 115 I don't think it's too much to ask to be honest -

Hoping to get at least 5 from a decat - 120ish - maybe 10 from SDis - 130ish - so I don't think 20 from a remap is a tall order to be honest.

Keep this updated mate with any faults you find....
Dan... remember a 115 is actually a remapped 101 done by the factory. 140 is safe but hitting over 150 things start to go pear shaped and you are at the top end of what a standard turbo can handle. People have gone upto 170 but the engines didn't last long and after rebuilds everyone turns it down.
Old 31-03-11, 06:11 AM   #5
lewys

With the boost leak, and the problems with the clutch 140 is not bad really. Before I had these problems it was running around 155 (I think anyway with how it was performing)

In the next couple of weeks this will all be sorted and it will be back on he rollers ready to see what it is running when everything is sorted.
Old 31-03-11, 01:09 PM   #6
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topov View Post
Dan... remember a 115 is actually a remapped 101 done by the factory. 140 is safe but hitting over 150 things start to go pear shaped and you are at the top end of what a standard turbo can handle. People have gone upto 170 but the engines didn't last long and after rebuilds everyone turns it down.
That is not true... i have not toned anything down on the mapping side from my 170.

150 has been hit my many many many cars with SDi's and so far there has been very little reported issues once the timing advance that was originally put in was reset and the fuelling was reduced a smidgin.... that was about 2 years ago.

i do agree that 150 is the top of the turbo's range the smoke of a 160bhp mapped car is substantially greater than mine on full chat!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-11, 02:41 PM   #7
Topov

Topov is on a distinguished road
There is always the exception to the rule, it's difficult getting it right all the time, but it was meant to be a generalisation. Fantastic if you can still run 170 but that is far from a cheap and easy upgrade as I am sure you will admit.
The real point is that the bhp increase of SDi's de-cat and remap is actually about a 40+bhp jump on standard as 115 is already a remap.
Old 31-03-11, 05:27 PM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

This was my RR few years ago now, have now got some SDi's to go in and thinking of taking it to Reidies at Yeovil, after fitting them.

be interesting to see what its pushing out.
Old 31-03-11, 07:40 PM   #9
Huffy

Huffy is on a distinguished road
Mines not been mapped yet.... am happy jack as it it is..... for now lol

MONTY

MK2 ZS160d+ SDi A Kind of Magic, Puff of smoke and I'm gone!

Engine - SDI, Kestrel Kevlar Clutch & Lightened Fly wheel, AAS De-Cat, Rover Ron MAf,
Cotton Green K4.80 Air filter, Roose Motorsport Turbo Pipes. Custom Stainless Turbo Outlet, AAS Full Stainless custom Exhaust!

Toyo Proxie t1R's, Front and Rear ZS 180 Brakes, Drilled & Grooved Disks, Mintex Pads. Moto-Build Springs

ICE - Sony BTX3600u Head, Bluetooth ODBII, Android Torque App. Forza USB!

30psi Boost Gague

MGZS TsDi :Smoke if you've got one!!!

157bhp / 242 ft/lb
Huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-11, 08:18 PM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Must admit its getting me worried now, as it seems 150+bhp and the torque that goes with it can bu**er the engine/clutch up.

It goes well as is and if I wanted 180 performance I would have bought one, so will have to have a think about it.