theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 01-08-13, 11:42 AM   #111
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
I think you can be fined for failure to display a valid tax disc
I did some trawling as I remember reading something a while back and found this:

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/car-tax-rules

and the attached.

So looks like I am legally entitled to drive the car as I have bought the tax prior to the month due to start (and have not driven it before hand) and prior to the SORN expiring. Unless you search for such information it is not obvious or made clear.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tax disc info.pdf (39.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-08-13, 06:26 PM   #112
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
It used to be 5 days grace if you applied on line, I would print a copy of the screen and carry it until the disc arrives.
Old 01-08-13, 08:19 PM   #113
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Fitted my new number plates then took it for a shake-down. All seems well, feels strange as not driven it for 8 months! Then on my return noticed the offside rear brake disc was hot and my new paint burning! Looks like I need to back off the handbrake a tad. So a job for Saturday, so no Friday treat for me to work and back
Old 02-08-13, 06:57 PM   #114
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Hmm we are up to 5days here but possibly as with other places it depends on you manager and collegues, here I know they would work out what needs covered and sort it so time off could be taken as required. Unlikely to be same in all other boxes mind you.

Good to hear the ZS is almost fully rolling again. As talking says, there is a 5 day grace period at least anything after that a it can be "failure to display valid tax disc". Now it could be more as I think it may have been a week as I had to temporarily park up the new ZS as the wait for plate changes eyc meant tax had fan out and didn't have fresh one to display.
Old 02-08-13, 06:59 PM   #115
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Hmm we are up to 5days here but possibly as with other places it depends on you manager and collegues, here I know they would work out what needs covered and sort it so time off could be taken as required. Unlikely to be same in all other boxes mind you.

Good to hear the ZS is almost fully rolling again. As talking says, there is a 5 day grace period at least anything after that a it can be "failure to display valid tax disc". Now it could be more as I think it may have been a week as I had to temporarily park up the new ZS as the wait for plate changes eyc meant tax had fan out and didn't have fresh one to display.
Old 02-08-13, 06:59 PM   #116
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Think this link has the info you need mickhttp://m.askthe.police.uk/content/Q3...lementid=26671
Old 03-08-13, 12:50 PM   #117
stamford
Site Owner

Quite a Saturday morning here, had to go and get a couple of tyres for the front of the Vectra as they were shot. When I got back I couldn't park as the road was swarming with contractors removing the old lamp posts and digging trenches for the electrics as they have all been moved by a metre. Well happy as we had a post right on the edge of the driveway and was a right pita, now it is a metre away. However wasn't happy as they parked a fecking truck across my drive, blocked that and most of the road! Later the truck moved, good! Got the zed out of the corner and infront of the garage and got the handbrake issue addressed. Whilst indoors they dug a trench infront of the drive and now I only have access for one car, instead of the usual three! So a bunfight will be on the cards later when everyone comes home!

Anyway I digress big time

Tax turned up today so no need to panic driving it whilst waiting! Zed is sitting on the drive waiting for an opportune moment to go and play

Needs another clean as dusty from the digger, cutting and kanga action this morning! Must get some photos too.
Old 03-08-13, 12:55 PM   #118
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Great to hear its on the move again..........May see it at a few meets soon........A good blast to clear away the cobwebs..
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 10:10 AM   #119
stamford
Site Owner

I've now used the zed for the second day to work this week. Last night on the commute home I think I have woken the ecu up as it drove differently last night Not only did it surprise me but also the BMW that was trying to get past me and gave up! I did too when I glanced at the speedo!

Anyway the zed feels a lot tighter on the road then I remember, maybe all in the mind, but may also be the polybushed ARB and new LCAs on the back. The new tyres feel really grippy too, it was quite damp this morning.

Might take a slight detour tonight and do the Hindhead tunnel
Old 09-08-13, 10:46 AM   #120
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough

I want to see these arches and clearance!
See if I can lower mine or not.

I had a mad thought last night that I should just start cutting the metal away and hiding it with the body kit haha!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote