theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-08-11, 07:27 AM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Talking Audi TT 3.2 - owner somewhat surprised

I thought these were supposed to be quick cars? I was behind one for a while last night on the commute home and didn't realise it was a 3.2 until I got up close. Maybe the 4wd does rob a bit as he didn't pull away like I expected it to. Perhaps he wasn't trying hard enough, but from where I was sitting he was certainly trying to get away. Made me feel good driving my zed and thinking you don't need a badge and an expensive car to give you a smile was worth watching the needle drop a little
Old 05-08-11, 09:03 AM   #2
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
they are pretty, quick driven one before, cant really compare but what they are like speed wise compared with the zs

Last edited by Ritchy; 05-08-11 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling is shocking
Ritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 09:04 AM   #3
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
TT's are crap!!! lol

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 09:14 AM   #4
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
they are really nice driving cars, just wouldnt have one though personally
Old 05-08-11, 10:22 AM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
they are pretty uick driven one before, cant really compae but what they are like speed wise compared with the zs
Can't really answer that one for obvious reasons, needs a track to answer honestly.
Old 05-08-11, 10:28 AM   #6
Ritchy
technically an expertish

ive never drove a 180(says the technical expertish) on the road, the audi im pretty sure is a golf r32 underneath, i think with the fact yours is stripped out and modded ect it should be able to keep up with it no problem really, just remember being properly forced back into the seat in the TT, not as much as other turbo cars ect but still a good amount, just felt very solid to drive though which i cant say about a lot of cars, just cant get over the hairdresser image of one though, id take a golf instead
Old 05-08-11, 11:57 AM   #7
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I seem to recall road tests of them feature the term "disappointing performance"

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 12:12 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
ive never drove a 180(says the technical expertish) on the road, the audi im pretty sure is a golf r32 underneath, i think with the fact yours is stripped out and modded ect it should be able to keep up with it no problem really, just remember being properly forced back into the seat in the TT, not as much as other turbo cars ect but still a good amount, just felt very solid to drive though which i cant say about a lot of cars, just cant get over the hairdresser image of one though, id take a golf instead
I did take that into consideration but seeing that it is a tiny car compared to mine and has 247bhp as standard I thought the bhp/ton would be in its favour. I see what you are saying about its image, I was in one once, sure the driver was a mincer, Kathy was sat in the back and she struggled to get in that and she's only 5'1".
Old 05-08-11, 12:13 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
I surprised an Audi rs3 a while ago. Was about 6 in the morning. I was sat at a red light as it changed he came out of no where and overtook me on the other side of the island. Only too be stopped at the lights at a round about so I pulled up next to him and took him as we went down the dual carriage way. He was defiantly going for it but couldn't pass me until I lifted of as decided better of it due to the silly speed we'd reached!

Arent they turbocharged 2.5's?! Guess they weigh a fair bit.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 01:26 PM   #10
Ritchy
technically an expertish

audi will weigh more than the zs id think at a guess