theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-08-11, 07:53 AM   #1
tinyszs

tinyszs is on a distinguished road
Milestone lol

I bet there's not many car owners that get to see mileage readings like this lol. Had to stop and take a picture when it clicked over

Old 06-08-11, 07:58 AM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Yep ... That sure is a big mileage !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 08:23 AM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
and I was impressed to see 100k on mine on the way back from Zed10.
Old 06-08-11, 08:57 AM   #4
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
And I've just put my local rag down after reading that mg's are in the bottom ten of most reliable cars. Don't think so. Other than a coil pack last week after 8 yrs of ownership, that's the only problem I've had and you can't call that a total breakdown.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 04:19 PM   #5
daddydobbo

daddydobbo is on a distinguished road
Mines just coming to 167500
daddydobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 05:22 PM   #6
ramdonice

ramdonice is on a distinguished road
you should take another pic in 222 miles time so its 222222
Old 08-08-11, 10:43 AM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Good to see it's still going strong.
Old 08-08-11, 05:43 PM   #8
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
Unreliable my a**e. Over the years i've owned various MG's in all shapes and specs. Alteast ten if not more. They've had problems yes but not one of them has ever left me stranded at the side of the road. They've always got me home.

I ventured to Vauxhall once, an Astra Coupe, within a week the alternantor went and left me with a dead battery 20 miles from home, Replaced the altenator at the cost of ?130 for a re-con unit, alot more than a re-con one for an MG, a week later the altenator belt snapped even though it was brand new and left me stranded with another flat battery.

I also bought a BMW E46, had it two weeks and it blew a hose and dumped its coolant all over the M6, Left me stranded.

Long Live MG

I know these problems could happen with any car even an MG, but the point is it never has with any of mine. In actual fact i did have an altenator go on one of my ZR's but it still got me home unlike the Astra.
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 06:34 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
It is quite rare for a zed to breakdown with an unknown fault and most aren't that major.

However I've not heard of another KV6 having the driverside drive shaft intermediate mounting fail like mine did and of all the vehicles I have taken to France or Spain (1.6 maestro, 2.0 montego estate, range rover, V6 espace, metro, 7.5t ford cargo, ford corsair, ford seirra, lada 1200, citreon MPV) the only one to breakdown was the ZS!
Old 08-08-11, 10:44 PM   #10
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
Well get this, a few years back i had a complete shed of a Rover 214 cabriolet as a stop gap car just to get me about. I knew the headgasket was on its way out but the car was worth peanuts anyway so i just planned on driving it until it died.

One day 10 miles from home the gasket finally gave up completly and the car overheated, i pulled over at a petrol station and re-filled the coolant system which was completly empty. set off again and within half a mile my 1.4 k-series had boiled away all 5 litres of water, thats how bad the gasket had gone.

I thought sod it and carried on driving the rest of my 10 mile journey home at an average 60mph with the temp needle above the red. Guess what? it still got me home. Went to start it the next morning and the engine had seized solid
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote