theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-07-15, 08:24 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Unhappy The axe is looming overhead

Well I got my letter today, my position is being considered for redundancy. Therefore I may have to make some sacrifices, the zed maybe a casualty. I have to face facts and say having this will be a luxury. However I will only react when the need arises. Looks like contract work could be on the horizon, anyone do this? I'll miss the works pension mainly as that was pretty good. I could see it coming but when it does it doesn't make it feel any better.
Old 20-07-15, 09:01 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Bummer, they have to follow procedure and issue letters to everyone.

Hopefully your position may be safe, they have to have to talk to you and say why. Then you can put up any reasons that might help you stay in your position, like working less hours, cutting overtime, anything that will save money. Then they have further talks and advise you what they are going to do.

The letter will go out to all that might be at risk.

No takeovers on the cards.

If there are TUPE will apply. and the new owners have to take you on, under the same conditions as your current Contract of Employment.

Hope it all works out OK. Worrying times.
Old 20-07-15, 09:07 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
No takeover, family owned business. My role ought to be safe as I am the only one who can run the 3D software, but you never know!
Old 20-07-15, 09:18 PM   #4
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Best of luck with it, I've been in that situation a few times. I work in the paper manufacturing industry, once a good old heavy British industry like the steel works and coal mines, it's dying out at a rate of knots now, in this country anyway. Think we've had three lots of redundancies in the past three years, so far I've been OK, but my time will come.
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-15, 09:36 PM   #5
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Fingers crossed for you Mick.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-15, 09:58 PM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I would repeat what Pete said.

This is the worst point, not knowing.

Hope it works out for you.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-15, 11:19 AM   #7
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Hi Mick,

I have had that T shirt twice and its generally a horrible situation, hopefully your be safe but its not nice. Sometimes the grass can be a little greener mind you.

Redundancy in 2008 put me in a dream job 4 months later and gave me a leg up to setup my own business January 2013, never looked back. Silver lining and all....

hope it sorts itself for you
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-15, 11:30 AM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Been there after only 3 years on the job, thinking that was it...... I got a role change and have been here another 8 years since.

As said still horrible not knowing... and I reckon you can work out a way to keep the ZS you know you'll regret it even if it only comes out a few times a year for the summer show season!

Finger's crossed it doesn't come to that though.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-15, 12:04 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

Still waiting! This will be my fourth time so not new to it, however it doesn't get any easier. Just been reading the Gov website to make sure I get what I am entitled to and my rights etc. They seem to be targeting the near retirement ones but more the high earners, both of which are wrong. I guess they don't like my pension contributions! At least I know I am entitled to 8 weeks notice or pay in lieu of notice (8 weeks gardening leave, I prefer garage leave ) plus 12 weeks statutory redundancy. However I can't take a job within the notice period or I'll forfeit the redundancy pay. It doesn't stop me going for a permanent role and giving them a notice period pro-rata.
Old 21-07-15, 02:11 PM   #10
mattyprice4004

mattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura about
I've worn the hat once, and it was the most awful work-related experience I've had to date.
Good luck mate.
mattyprice4004 is offline   Reply With Quote