theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-07-18, 05:29 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Where are they all?

Spent time away with Kathy, some 400 miles to and from the Somerset coast, took the Audi A4 Cabriolet, great drive and averaged 34mpg which isn’t bad for a heavy car with 3.0 V6. Anyway did not see a single ZS saw three ZRs and one suspicious ZTT, more like an MG conversion on a Rover 75 Tourer. Why? It was wedgewood blue, most will know that colour was only available on the MGF, no other MG. it did look good though.

Makes me determined to get stuck into my zed again. Can’t see me using that to tour!
Old 06-07-18, 09:07 PM   #2
LukeZS96

LukeZS96 is on a distinguished road
You sure the ZTT wasn't Celestial blue monogram? Looks very like Wedgwood or Mirage can also look like it in some lights. But I agree there is a shortage of MG-R cars in general I find. Over here there is not one ZS currently for sale on any of the popular websites and seeing an MG out on the road is almost a once in a blue moon and when I was in the UK for POL I don't think I saw one ZS outside of Birmingham apart from the members of the Irish groups. Definitely becoming thin on the ground these days
LukeZS96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 10:05 AM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
If it was monogram then it was dull. Looked wedgewood to me, lived with the MGF for seven years in that colour. Either way it suited it.
Old 09-07-18, 12:22 PM   #4
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
There are not many ZS's down this side of the country - a lot of ZR's and TF's. I see more R45's than I do ZS's....

Maybe that says something about the demographic of the area really lol.

you'd not see mine as it is on holiday again; but shouldn't be too long til it's back down this way again.

I'm not sure my ZS is quite up to touring either, no A/C and a very firm ride & I've a GT sat on the driveway!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 12:34 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I only really see Gordon punting around in Harlow. Never see anything to and from work.

Bottom line - they are getting old and rust and corrosion are making them more plentiful at the breakers than on the roads...
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 03:04 PM   #6
jc600

jc600 is on a distinguished road
Don't think many are used as daily drivers anymore.......I hardly see any when I'm about.

WWW.JCTUNING.CO.UK

MK2 MG ZS 180
jc600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 10:38 PM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I spend a lot of time driving I don't often see them, nor do I see them in the local scrappy.
Old 11-07-18, 01:20 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Wonder if it was something like this one that you saw Mick - Monogram Atmosphere Kinetic apparently ...

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C981315
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 07:24 PM   #9
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
I quite like that
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 10:34 AM   #10
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Got a grey one with stripes, nice alloys, just round the corner.

Filling up the other day, I pulled away from the pumps and there was a red ZS in front.

more ZR's around here.