theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 01-12-11, 04:31 PM   #51
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
Full set of Nokian winters fitted to the harpins. All ready now for snowmageddon 2011 although I believe it's not due to snow now until January!

Otherwise, been busy over the last couple of weeks So at the risk of being outcast here and sentenced to the ZR forums...

Set of ex-demo Focal K2s, half price at the local autobacs (a halfords equivalent over here). Bargain! And a great colour, lol

Amp rack built and fitted on the wall of the boot, out of the way.

2 subs are overkill for me nowadays. It was a box I built when I was young and silly I plan to downsize that to 1 when I get some time, but for now, the ZS boot is plenty big.

4 awg power cable, 2 pairs RCA, 2xspeaker cables for front, remote wires for amps and 2x relays. Properly fused at the battery.

The relays are for 240v invertor and 12v accessory in the boot (controlled by switches next to drivers seat).

100% non-intrusive install, so only factory holes, grommits etc were used for mounts, running cables

Speaker brackets for the fronts, not fitted yet :

pheelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 04:51 PM   #52
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
Waiting now for sheddist kit. Half the kit arrived, second package must be caught up in the post somewhere
Old 01-12-11, 05:03 PM   #53
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Good work.

I fitted my winter wheels and tyres about a fortnight ago, and my heated seat kit, and the engine pre heater, so all ready for snowmaggedon, I ain't scared of the cold lol

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 05:30 PM   #54
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
its looking really nice mate, how are they treating it out there.. you getting many looks etc?
Old 18-02-12, 07:46 PM   #55
pheelay

Finally got the sheddist kit installed. It took a long time for the kit to arrive in the post. Pedal height fixed, clutch bite point about halfway (was skimming the floor before). All driving much better now

Had a strange one on trying to start the engine after refitting everything. Turned the key but the starter motor didn't turnover. Can't think what we could have interfered with to cause this? I think perhaps it's the earth lead to the bellhouse which now has the new slave cyl bracket under it? It's definitely not flat battery or immobiliser. Anyway, after a couple of multimeter tests and zero changed, she just decided to start working again. A site search shows many had similar probs before so there's a job for Sunday...

Also got the bloody union jack badges off the sides!
Old 18-02-12, 07:58 PM   #56
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Check the spade terminal on the starter motor, they corrode and give a bad connection.

Glad the clutch is better.
Old 18-02-12, 08:29 PM   #57
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yea check the earth strap under the bracket as that is a key lead and most likely the cause.