theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 28-07-13, 08:55 PM   #1
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
My latest Car (again) 335D

Howdy guys,

Bought this a month ago I suppose. My business is really busy I needed something to guzzle the miles. I still wanted speed and power but had to gain a bit of decent MPG.

I tell you something, what a car. I know the brand may not do it for many but the engine is just out of this world, twin turbo, remaped. 350bhp and 700nm torques. drivability for day to day is pure class. The car is a lot better built than a e46 BMW too imo. Very nice quality about it, no rattles and despite being a msport on silly size 30/35 profile tires. The ride is not harsh at all.

It has the usual top spec motor you would expect really. Rear leg room is not great even with little old me in the front but the interior is a lovely place to be.

By the way, when I saw the pictures of the interior in the add I thought URGHHHH. I did not like the cinnamon leather, let alone the wood. I was hoping to find a car with lemon leather, however they just don't come up for sale like you would expect. Anyway when I saw it in the flesh it totally changes your mind, the leather is very nice and feels different like top quality and not your usual black. The wood really fits in well with the color leather, I will probably change it when I can be bothered but I really like it as it.

Performance wise, I don't know what to compare it to, the thing has so much torque. They run 13.0/13.2 quarter miles in this form. Really are quick and effortless.

It has a 60 litre fuel tank, if you took it easy on the motorway you could get between 700-800 miles on this.

I get around 550 with mixed driving and air con on, really good on fuel.

The only negative I can think of right now is tyre cost, I think I have around 2000 miles left on the fronts and 4000 on the rears. The rears are 265mm wide and for a decent brand are not cheap.

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 28-07-13 at 08:58 PM.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 09:01 PM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Very nice. Love that leather to be honest. Know what you mean about the class. You still got the touring aswell ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 09:11 PM   #3
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
nope the touring went a few months ago, was a bit of a deal I had with a company while I worked for them.

One thing I will say is, that brand new f31 touring was 38k. Honestly it was cheap and did not drive nice. A few nice things like the gearbox but it really felt cheap to drive. The sat nav placment looks like an afterthought, the interior despite being top price was cheap and looked cheap.

the E92 is a league ahead.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 09:50 PM   #4
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Tan leather interior, not for me, but what can I say I went backwards and got cloth now, hehehe

The BMW is a good machine, but IMHO i find them inside to be as boring as a business boardroom, my bro in law has a new 13 plate 320 and the car is just stunning, build and comfort level is excellent.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 10:41 PM   #5
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
nice, i think the tan leather is nice, with the wood trim its a bit of a strange combo mind.
Tbh those wheels have never done it for me, somehow they aren't enough to compliment the beautiful e92 shape imo, they don't seem to fill the arches.
Car looks in great condition, she's had some polish in her life!....what do you use ?
i did mine last week, 2 coats of polish and about 4 of wax, all meguiars ....is that a bit obsessive
do you have run flats fitted, mine still has run flats and folk slag them off but they feel ok to me, all my tyres were new but i will ditch the run flats when the time comes.....ive only done about 1500 miles in 7 months though so it might take a while !.
Old 28-07-13, 10:42 PM   #6
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Another beauty Ross
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 11:06 PM   #7
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
Tbh those wheels have never done it for me, somehow they aren't enough to compliment the beautiful e92 shape imo, they don't seem to fill the arches.
Lovely car and ill bet it shifts!
I have to agree here though I'm much more a fan of the ones that look like hairpins.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-13, 05:24 AM   #8
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
Stunning engines... I never could get over just how well those went ! Reliable to generally, the occasional issue with vac lines or the electronic valves that operate the wastegates, if you suddenly find that your missing the small high pressure turbo it will be one of those lol...

Watch out for cracking wheels too, both the 18 and 19 inch ones do it, mostly the rears, so watch out for pot holes.

Bar that, epic !
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-13, 04:49 PM   #9
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Friend of mine had one for 18 months, immense car with an incredible engine, also remapped like yours. Made my Saab look silly slow.

Word of advise, those wheels are known to crack - get them swapped, and also change the tyres for non-runflats. When Tom did this to his one it changed the car again. Made it much much better
Old 29-07-13, 06:49 PM   #10
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
its not those particular wheels that are known to crack, there's a few different styles it applies too tbh and these are not the most common ones to fail.