theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 29-07-13, 06:52 PM   #11
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
They look like the exact ones my friends had and he had 2 go on him. Didn't realise it was more than one type that are known for it.
Old 29-07-13, 07:30 PM   #12
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
yeah theres a few that crack, the wheels on mine are one of the wheels known to crack as well.
I Cant remember what mine are called but even some 18's have failed.
I guess the wheels could do with being a bit more meaty but i blame the state of the damn roads, there are plenty of roads around here i don't even use, i'd sooner go the scenic route than risk a damaged wheel or tyre.

Old 29-07-13, 07:56 PM   #13
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
yeah theres a few that crack, the wheels on mine are one of the wheels known to crack as well.
I Cant remember what mine are called but even some 18's have failed.
I guess the wheels could do with being a bit more meaty but i blame the state of the damn roads, there are plenty of roads around here i don't even use, i'd sooner go the scenic route than risk a damaged wheel or tyre.

Those are the ones I was meaning in my post about the chunkier five spokes looking good!
Nice wheels!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-13, 10:52 PM   #14
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Had the wheels of today and they were all fine, copied from e90 post for the days work

So my wheel nuts and brakes were in a terrible looking state, it really made the car look poor. I have never taken my wheels of since owning this car so thought it would be a good idea to look to see if there cracked anywhere or have been cracked.
Pleasingly they all seem fine, which made me a little sad as I like the looks of a set of wheels CMWheels has on offer at the moment and if I found one little crack I was going to just buy them lol.

Probably took 1.5 hours per side which included cleaning the wheel inside and out, cleaning inside the wheel arch too and messing about on the phone / taking pics. I used hammerite smooth for the discs and calipers, for the wheel nuts I just used halfords gloss black paint I had in the shed. I dont expect it to last to long but now I have seen the results I will defiantly look for some better paint.

So I never really got any before pics but I did remember half way through the first side.

If this is a job you have been putting off, just do it I cannot believe how much difference it made. Still got to clean the car but I ran out of time

Before (notice the rear brake disk etc

and done

Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-13, 10:56 PM   #15
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Kinda want these wheels but think to much grey? There replicas but from a well known wheel supplier.?? There only 500 quid on offer

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 31-08-13 at 11:00 PM.
Old 31-08-13, 11:03 PM   #16
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
nice, i think the tan leather is nice, with the wood trim its a bit of a strange combo mind.
Tbh those wheels have never done it for me, somehow they aren't enough to compliment the beautiful e92 shape imo, they don't seem to fill the arches.
Car looks in great condition, she's had some polish in her life!....what do you use ?
i did mine last week, 2 coats of polish and about 4 of wax, all meguiars ....is that a bit obsessive
do you have run flats fitted, mine still has run flats and folk slag them off but they feel ok to me, all my tyres were new but i will ditch the run flats when the time comes.....ive only done about 1500 miles in 7 months though so it might take a while !.
Tend to stay away from megs as it is good but its high street stuff, I would nuse pete 53's on yours its very good. I use it myself and dodo juice. I do use megs polish but its very rare I do it, just wax

I probably have 600 quid worth of cleaning stuff. It soon adds up
Old 01-09-13, 12:48 AM   #17
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Gotta say, those satin grey looking reps are very nice!

Love the hairpin style!
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 07:07 AM   #18
Din

Din has a spectacular aura aboutDin has a spectacular aura about
Looks good
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 07:38 AM   #19
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Like those wheels
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 08:06 AM   #20
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Certainly worth all the effort, looking good.