theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-12, 02:27 PM   #261
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Hi Ed , how could the map be corrupted or wiped ?

surely only if the ecu is damaged that could happen.

Last edited by Quadcam24; 10-11-12 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-11-12, 02:36 PM   #262
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
It's possible to load an old map, not exactly sure how DTA works but I'm clutching at straws as I'm trying not to believe Thor would do something so stupid.
I can't see the engine running 230bhp and not being damaged in some way due to it not having a tune, that's an enormous gamble to take, as I said, maybe it's running the base map which was used to drive it to Thor for mapping, this would imply AFR's have been mapped but timing left very conservative, but no way would it make 230bhp.
Something dont add up
Old 08-11-12, 02:44 PM   #263
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
You have to wonder what is the deal with this car, it seems to have been dragging on for ever.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

Old 08-11-12, 03:10 PM   #264
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
it was started in may 2009.....if it feels like forever for us, how must steve feel.
My daughter was born in june 09, she is now a toddler who goes to nursery school every day.

Words fail me
Old 08-11-12, 03:19 PM   #265
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Three and a half years

Old 08-11-12, 03:32 PM   #266
Quadcam24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb steve View Post
it did its already for the mot all parts have been fitted but i needed so mapping done on the bottom to sort it out for the mot no big deal i thought
so steve from track and road popped up to see G to have a look to see what he could do and guess what its looks like its not been mapped ??????
so this could be going further so i don't wont to say to much at the mo
so nothing will be happen for a while gutted is not the word one little plus side is it's 230 bhp ish with out the map so there could be a little more there

cant blame G for this as he did not do the mapping
if its been to thor to be mapped and its not right, why is steve from track and road coming to look at it.........if thor have been paid to map it , then they should be the ones correcting it, otherwise you are paying twice, you are paying steve to do what thor have already been paid to do. Nobody pays twice for one job, it doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Quadcam24; 10-11-12 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-11-12, 05:16 PM   #267
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
i have internet at work now

guy's i dont wont to get in to what has happend cos im not 100% sure all i know is what G said but the mapper has been paid
it could of been mapped but lost the data (trying to stay positive but its all going to come to an end soon eather way)
Old 08-11-12, 05:35 PM   #268
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Best of luck with it mate.

Old 08-11-12, 07:19 PM   #269
Drew

Drew has a spectacular aura aboutDrew has a spectacular aura about
sorry steve but this is G's b/s again.

i do believe it has been mapped at thor. what wont have been done (looked at or even talked about) is having a map or some settings for an mot.

that will take a lot of tweeking to get something to idle properly and keep emmisions at sensible levels. this may also need some cam adjustments!

G saying thor hasnt mapped it so you cant get an mot is just more b/s.

Drew
Old 08-11-12, 08:09 PM   #270
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I think I agree with Drew here, time to cut G out, don't think he is interested anyway, if I was Steve I'd contact Thor and get it sorted.