theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 26-03-17, 08:47 PM   #11
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
To be honest, I've just ordered some more nuts online, as these are really tired looking, so not too worried about destroying these ones...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-17, 09:17 PM   #12
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Seem to be available everywhere - you can probably get a key from your local Halords or motor factor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUNER-KEY-...QAAOSwcUBYH6pH
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-17, 09:50 PM   #13
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Seem to be available everywhere - you can probably get a key from your local Halords or motor factor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUNER-KEY-...QAAOSwcUBYH6pH
Halfords didn't have any... possibly one on the set of nuts I just purchased....

Old 26-03-17, 11:19 PM   #14
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Internal spline drive it looks like. I did have a set not sure I've got the key though I'll take a look. Can you get a hex bit to fit and bite by any chance?
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-17, 11:24 PM   #15
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Did you buy more tuner nuts?
If so they are normally conical seat and our wheels are dome (cant remember the actual term) seat.
You can get adaptor washers for them if you want them to seat correctly.
I've had mine on years with this setup.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 12:05 AM   #16
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Did you buy more tuner nuts?
If so they are normally conical seat and our wheels are dome (cant remember the actual term) seat.
You can get adaptor washers for them if you want them to seat correctly.
I've had mine on years with this setup.
Yes figured they would come with the "key" and I could swap them over, also they say they fit the zs as a straight fit... will see if its all good when they turn up

Old 27-03-17, 09:40 AM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I had the same problem with T16 Sam. No tool supplied. However the blue ZS nuts used the same key so are pretty standard. I'm looking to buy new as well as somewhat tired.
Old 27-03-17, 09:39 PM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
You can get locking nuts which look like the standard ones but have off square splines.
Old 03-04-17, 02:50 PM   #19
ZS
IT Administrator

Have got over this issue now and taken off the spacers on the back. I didn't like the fact they are not hub centric and put all the force on the wheel studs.

I couldn't get the fronts off to look at the front brakes, as my jack is too tall to fit under the sills!

So, despite the fact I need new Handbrake Cables, I have cleaned up the rear callipers and they work great again. MOT booked for Wednesday and with any luck I will either know what else needs doing to pass or will have a "clean bill of health" and then start getting on with tarting it up for next week!

Old 03-04-17, 07:54 PM   #20
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Sounds good. I treated my MOT as a pre-MOT. Was surprised it wasn't worse considering the lack of use. I hope the handbrake cables aren't too bad as I found the mk1 a right pita to change.