theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-12-12, 09:33 AM   #1
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Don't know what to do?

I was expecting a massive fail on the MOT on the ZS this week and
it's getting long in the tooth at 118k,
the aircon is noisy,
it has an oil leak,
NSF CV joint is going,
OSF brake is sticking under heavy breaking (this is the only caliper that hasn't been changed),
3 of the door handles have failed (all 3 have been previously repaired,
the good one hasn't),
the bluetooth isn't working.
And I've had it for 5 years.

The MGF needs money chucking at it asthe suspension on one side goes flat in 6 months and I need to pay someone to cure the emisions problem for the MOT as I've not been able to DIY the problem.

The maestro needs masses of work and will always be a toy.

The ZR is Mrs TC's car and it did look like she was going to start using it for work due to promotion and working further from home but this has been delayed.

This time of year gets depressing any way, topped with nearly loosing my job and health worries with several members of the family and I was looking for a way to cheer myself up. A new car always does this, Jays yellow ZS come up at a bargin price, followed by several others, all I missed out on by a fraction but I'm now in car buying mode.

I had a clear idea of what I wanted and how much I was willing to spend but the ZS passed it's test with 1 advisory on 1 tyre, normally I get a new pair of tyres before the test but assuming it would fail I hadn't bothered.

Do I keep looking or do I spend money on the cars I have.

I could repair the above list and do the LSD and flywheel on the ZS or just continue running it into the ground, get the MGF sorted and use it more and move the Maestro here and fiddle with it when I get time.

I could continue looking for another car.

Not sure what to do, what would you do?