theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-11-13, 04:29 PM   #21
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
I get anything between 280 and 320miles a tank depending how I,m driving and that's no motorway driving
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13, 07:26 PM   #22
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
28-30MPG is the norm for my commute. On a long motorway run, it could be as much as 38MPG.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13, 07:27 PM   #23
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
From the long trips I've done in the 180 and 105 at consistent speed and conditions between refills, the trends I've noticed is the 3/4 mark on the guage is more like 2/3 in the tank. At 1/4 mark, it's 1/3 left in the tank. This is a rough calulcation using the real distances travelled. Hence, the guage appears to drop slowly 3/4, then feels like it drops crazy fast to 1/4. The final 1/4 tank covers about the same distance as the first 1/4.

OP, with 134 mi covered at the 3/4, you should see 260 mi by the time guage reaches 1/4 mark and 390 mi if you run the tank down to the reserve. On 50l of fuel, that could be 35mpg. Assuming the driving conditions stay the same
Old 16-11-13, 11:12 AM   #24
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Certainly has been true on any I have experienced. Best way I find to get an accurate mpg is reset trip and fill tank, when I next fill up note miles done and how many litres required to fill up. Those two figures and the mystical magic of maths (or an online calculator if you so wish) will tell you what you are managing.
Best I have is with the green ZS -37mpg iirc, was pleased enough with that and have no inclination to go out to beat that figure, if I do, I do
www.fuelly.com does it all for you.
Old 16-11-13, 12:12 PM   #25
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
I use Road Trip app on my phone.

R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-13, 04:21 PM   #26
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Looks similar to fuelly.com except there you can share your info with others so it is easy to compare with other cars.