theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-11-13, 11:25 PM   #41
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Could you select gears with the engine running, yes or no?
Old 09-11-13, 07:42 AM   #42
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Hi Ian, lets get back to basics. Remove the clutch arm completely, 12mm bolt onto fork and pull the ****** out. Clean it up with emery paper and put some grease down it and refit. Next check the plastic lugs on the release bearing where it mounts to the fork. As said before on here, put a screw driver into the selector (where the gear linkage bolts to) and move it into gear. Turn the input shaft by hand and look to see if the diff moves. That's all you can do with the box side of things. Next check both driveshaft inner cv joints have circlips on the splined parts that enter the gearbox. Check the clutch itself now. I've had a problem before with a t series clutch being branded as kv6. The clutch plates should be the same but pressure plates can differ. Have a good look at both new and old one. Im pretty certain i couldn't get the box physically on but just incase i did, that could be the problem. I ended up fitting the old pressure plate with new clutch plate. What gear oil did you use and how much?
Old 25-11-13, 01:27 AM   #43
Rossy

Rossy is on a distinguished road
Cheers Goldie .. not been keeping to well of late so the zed is still up in the air and still no further forward .. but my prayers might be answered by a guy I met at Ninewells hospital last week who is a retired Mg/Rover mechanic and is going to have a look when I'm up to it weather permitting .. My neighbours are starting to make comments about my gazeebo that covers the car in the drive !! ... so hopefully soon will be up and running ... one hopes ...