theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-10-13, 08:42 PM   #21
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
thats a great price craig,hope you get the cable problem sorted aswell mate.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 09:10 PM   #22
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Well yeah once the clutch is in, master cylinder swapped over, new cable is in place and then the £250 handed over hopefully the car will be behaving much more than current.

Its technically paying for use of another unit too in the cost as he can't do it on his current ramp so he's borrowing a unit down the estate with a better 2 poster for the job.
That way his other 2 ramps can stay within use for the other 2 guys in the workshop too. Its may seem a bit steep as you say on a "mates rates" but at the end of the day for everything being done and being guaranteed I will know exactly how its been treated whilst there I don't think its over priced at all on that front.
Appreciate all the opinions guys, seems is a good deal then and hopefully as I say will be back to how it should be once all done.
Old 02-10-13, 09:41 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I sometimes either have a touch of cruise or an on/off moment when I lift off. I noticed the other day that the cable is rubbing on the aircon plpe so must be catching - another job for another day.
Old 02-10-13, 09:50 PM   #24
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I sometimes either have a touch of cruise or an on/off moment when I lift off. I noticed the other day that the cable is rubbing on the aircon plpe so must be catching - another job for another day.

Its a bit unnerving when going along at 70 and lifting off expecting it to slow but it either holds or slightly accelerates. Not a nice feeling when at those speeds as you usually only let off because you have too
Old 19-11-13, 08:34 PM   #25
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-ZS180 View Post
As of next Wednesday my zs is getting its clutch replaced with a new oe mg rover clutch and having its new sheddist master cylinder fitted at the same time. What are people's thoughts on the cost I've been quoted of £250 all in as when I look at the prices of the equivalent valeo (prob identical to the oe one) clutches they seem on a staff price to be around the £145 +vat area and then fitting on top.

I thought £250 for rover clutch and being fitted seemed quite reasonable?

On another note does anyone have a good throttle cable off of a 180 as mine is at its most wound off setting and still keeps sticking and giving me a "cruise control" symptom without the comfort factor as it holds over 3.5 in whichever gear its in so am looking to get that replaced too?
My mate is trying his usual port of call to see if a new one is avaliable but thought would also check here to see if anyone happened to have one kicking about
Where did you get that quote from?? May need mine done in new year
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote