theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-11-13, 06:35 PM   #1
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Leaving for a while

Well as most of you have read I've been very unsure of what I wanted to do about the car recently as just haven't felt at one with it for a while now.
The private plate is being transferred off now as we speak (type in this case) and the car is finding itself getting ready to be sold on now.
I was looking to break or at some point take off some more favoured parts but as it stands I just can be bothered to take her apart from the way she stands at present. So will pretty much go as it is now.

The replacement has been bought and is say waiting on the drive to be out and about, I know most of you probably won't like the replacement as I've gone away from the brand totally at present but I'm hoping a little while away from the zs will get me back to the place I was a little while ago with it.
I have a 01 Octavia Vrs in Red as its replacement and at present despite a couple of tiny minor issues what a great car it seems to be. Not quite as responsive as the zs round the twistys or possibly as quick as mine was in a straight line ( octavia is bog standard spec, unmodified at present at least) but I don't think is too far off its pace but still nice to drive. Just a shame the looks aren't in the same league of the zs.
All horses for courses I suppose.
Anyway, I will still be on here and commenting along the way and I know that over the course of the next year or so I WILL be back I'm a ZS.!
I may even still pop to some of the meets as I've enjoyed getting to chat woth the guys I have had the pleasure of meeting and enjoy the banter on here as at the end of the day we all share a common interest. This does mean I apologise for now as it does mean you haven't gotten rid of me yet
Old 13-11-13, 07:05 PM   #2
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I almost got a diesel octavia when i sold my zs, but ended up with the s40 instead :-)

I quite like the octavias to be honest enjoy it!

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-13, 07:11 PM   #3
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
aye craig youve gotta do what you gotta do mate,quite liked the octavias myself,always fancied a wee shot of one,just cos your getting rid of the zs,doesnt mean you cant stick around buddy,had a zs sold it and got a zr big mistake! hope the new car serves you well until,you can get another zed,best of luck mate.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-13, 07:26 PM   #4
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
I almost got a diesel octavia when i sold my zs, but ended up with the s40 instead :-)

I quite like the octavias to be honest enjoy it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys1981 View Post
aye craig youve gotta do what you gotta do mate,quite liked the octavias myself,always fancied a wee shot of one,just cos your getting rid of the zs,doesnt mean you cant stick around buddy,had a zs sold it and got a zr big mistake! hope the new car serves you well until,you can get another zed,best of luck mate.

Cheers for that guys. I don't know exactly what it is recently with my zed but I just don't feel at one with her anymore. It's lost it's edge with me and no matter what I did to try and get it back it didn't work. I still love it and it has become part of our family ( I do get attached to my cars, like another child) but although I still have that at present I feel I've just lost faith in it and with the children I need to feel confident and comfortable with the car and the zed has lost that recently which is strange.
I will own another one, the only reason I haven't got one now is I felt if I'm changing I needed to try something different for a while, even if only 8 moths or so just so I have done it and then I will end up back in a zs and start off from scratch. Shame as I do have some lovely bits on mine which I should take off but I don't know what's the best way to sell one at present as they don't exactly fly off the shelf as is so do I standardise it or leave it modded? Hard to decide but either way she will be advertised soon now so we can have some breathing space and get that zs love back

The octavia is definitely a nice car though, flyer comparing it to my mates cupra and then his cupra r it's quite surprising how well it goes for a stocker and the room inside the thing, its flipping huge! I can see me getting both 15"s back in the boot and still having room for buggy and shopping, it really is a great size for a family car
Old 13-11-13, 07:55 PM   #5
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
if a was selling my car a would strip all mods off put it back to standard,there not worth much these cars now,ave always done it and had the spare to put on my new zs,ive got 4 tyres to buy on fri,they dont all need done but id prefer them to be the same,plus ma tax next month perfect eh lol,and if ye wanna sell the ind kit al have it in jan bud!
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-13, 09:33 PM   #6
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Craig, you are still welcome whatever you drive.

Hope the Octavia is fun and keep us up to date with the mods, that are bound to come.

Old 13-11-13, 10:44 PM   #7
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
I was the same, I had the ZS from new for 8 years, and reached all the mods I wanted too reach without going unto serious money, plus I had a hankering for an ST for a few years, I wanted to keep the ZS, but no space, so she had to go, thankfully she is still on the forum and with a very good owner that will take care of her and put his own personal touches on her.
Am still on here and look in nearly everyday, so please dont be a stranger.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13, 07:56 AM   #8
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
All the best. Know how you feel. There was only one possibility that was going to tempt me away and quite out of the blue the chance arose, I took it and the new car was bought and the zed sold straight away really quickly. Hope you get same luck.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13, 11:10 AM   #9
chris01

chris01 is on a distinguished road
If you do wanna take some mods off i would gladly give you the standard parts and some cash to replace them
chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-13, 11:57 AM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Feel free to hang around, I like to think it is more than just a car we have in common on here!