theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-01-08, 07:37 AM   #1
chriszs180

decision on my zs

so the insurance company have said to me that they are going to write it off and give me market value so i need to find out how much that is or they will give me the car and give me the £2300
to repair it and i will have to get parts etc to get it done my self
so need to get a list of all the parts that are needed and deside.......

a local garage must be cheaper than a ford garage as well ...

what do you guys think..

will get a list of parts later..
Old 10-01-08, 07:48 AM   #2
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
a lot a folk seem to be buying back their cars and repairing them so could be a good way to go!! just make sure its someone reputable who is doin the work, you don't want to be seeing anythin to remind you what happened to it if you do repair it really
Old 10-01-08, 07:58 AM   #3
Goatyman

Goatyman is on a distinguished road
But then won't it but under and accident, category, and it'll never feel the same again?

Personally id get as much as possible for her and buy another zed.
Old 10-01-08, 08:34 AM   #4
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a reasonable enough idea IMO. Save another MG from ending up on the scrap heap...

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 08:39 AM   #5
chriszs180

need to find out if it will be cat c or d or just left as it was if it is catc/d then the resale value will be nothing not that im thinking of getting rid but might one day.
was just thinking i could get it machanically sound and do the body work myself/ with help of a body shop freind and get a full respray with something a bit more crazy.....
do like the white zs or may be a pit more crazy or a vinal wrap.
Old 10-01-08, 08:41 AM   #6
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Can we have a look at the state of the car Chris with some pictures??

Preferably we could do with knowing the extent of the damage....front and back...

has the boot floor been crumpled up? has the front inner wings been folded up badly?

If it is something simple like a few outer panels damaged and the boot area virtually fine then I would repair it.

If it was me and I crashed my ZS......anything bad structurally wise I would forget about the car and think about getting another one identical to mine and swapping any good bits over then selling the parts off the damaged one.

engine has to be worth minimum £500 all day long (ignore the fact I sold my one for silly money).....gearbox £100....and as for the other parts of the car......well I reckon you could do quite well.

Jim
Old 10-01-08, 09:02 AM   #7
chriszs180

no dammage to the boot floor at all just the boot dented so that is nothing

no damage to any of the wings just the frount end pushed in and the fans have been pushed into the rad so not that bad am just going to phone now to get a full list of bits they think

i was just thinking if ralf at ems can do the bits and store the car while we get parts the frount and rear bumper are a bit saggy but as we know thats normal and needed looking at anyway will try and get pics tomorrow with a full list of bits.
Old 10-01-08, 11:07 AM   #8
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
see what the going rate is on Autotrader and tell them. I'd imagine it's worth more than that.

I'd fix it if I were you. I doubt it'll be a cat D as it's a financial write off. If you manage to source all the parts from a scrappies it shouldn't cost that much to fix

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 12:30 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
See what they offer, but I would be inclined to buy it back if the damage was minimal as the loss adjusters these days concerning MGR tend to be very negative and this has rubbed off on all repair shops too.
Old 10-01-08, 01:53 PM   #10
chriszs180

Thumbs down

so they have given me a first quote of £5200 that is as he said before i look at the extras your car had .
i said they are up for £6500 with a standard interia and standard alloys and exhurst and as i have extras on mine with a full monogram interia i was looking for over £6000 he said he would look at it and that might be close so i might just scrap it and get something new will have to see.
the garage have said that the rad is very mangled and cant be fixed as well as the air con unit and once you get it out there could be more damage its just a risk im not sure i can take i dont know really