theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 04-11-13, 05:05 PM   #341
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
in a strange way I'm almost getting use to it now

There's a few ideas in the pipe line for it... I'm tempted to paint it black again

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 05:25 PM   #342
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
If I may humbly offer a little advice?...

would be to, make it track worthy as soon as you can, even if its still a little rough around the edges.
This way you will have some real '3-dimensional' fun in it.
You will find 'direction' on track, which may take you a different route to what you have in mind at present and perhaps also on what you have done to the car so far, but this way, from now on, you won't be revisiting something you have looked at before.

It is a great looking car and I hope you get the driving enjoyment on track from it also.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 05:46 PM   #343
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
If I may humbly offer a little advice?...

would be to, make it track worthy as soon as you can, even if its still a little rough around the edges.
This way you will have some real '3-dimensional' fun in it.
You will find 'direction' on track, which may take you a different route to what you have in mind at present and perhaps also on what you have done to the car so far, but this way, from now on, you won't be revisiting something you have looked at before.

It is a great looking car and I hope you get the driving enjoyment on track from it also.
spot on. just get it drivable standard brakes or not, standard engine or not etc. just so you can actually be rewarded for your hardwork
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 07:27 PM   #344
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Feel for ya mate, big time. been following the story for a while now and know of the hastle with your own cars lately, must feel like everything is against you at times and kinda
[IMG][/IMG]

But testament to your character your still not defeated or thrown in the towel just yet,
Great idea from Mark S in just get it to the point you can have a little fun with it on track. wish you well mate & like others Im still enjoying the updates.
Sad to see the RB was in a bad way but that coulda been far far worse for both you and the car, good luck with however you choose to move forward.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 08:26 PM   #345
Maxxed_Ross

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Thanks lads.

The plan is to get it running asap, but unfortunately that's where the most money needs to be spent - again. The engine I have is more or less good to go once a couple of little things are fixed, the big BTCC brakes are now 100% working (finally!!) and I think the electrics are also good to go. All it really needs is some pipework sorting in the engine bay, a power steering pipe and the exhaust moved to suit the new turbo... oh and it still needs to be mapped before it goes anywhere on it's own.

Unfortunately I don't think the bodywork will survive a track session in it's current state. At the moment the front extended wheel arch is hanging off and the side sills are disintegrating due to water ingress - so whatever colour it ends up there is some serious bodywork to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Sad to see the RB was in a bad way but that coulda been far far worse for both you and the car, good luck with however you choose to move forward.
Yeah it could have been so much worse, I was fairly lucky I missed all the solid things. So far the damage seems to be 3 bent alloys, a cracked sump and a new front end. In the grand scheme of things not too bad really... but I've got all winter to fix it

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 10-11-13, 05:59 PM   #346
B8sy

B8sy is on a distinguished road
Just read this thread from start to finish, what a story it makes. A roller coaster ride and them some. Huge respect to your commitment and knowledge Ross , I look forward to seeing some more updates and hopefully not too long till we see it going round a track.

Car 1 - 2003 MG ZS 2.5 180, Pro Speed Induction, Pro Speed Exhaust, 194 BHP.
Car 2 - 2007 Ford Fiesta St 2.0ltr, scorpion exhaust, 150 BHP.
B8sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-15, 01:14 AM   #347
Maxxed_Ross

Sorry for the serious lack of updates on this lads

To be honest not much has changed. EX259 has been parked up for well over a year

Since I was last here - 2 years ago according to the details in the top right corner of the screen - I've moved house twice and I now have a double garage! Well I will do once all the junk is out of it!

I'm hopeful that progress will be made next year. Priorities have changed so much since I started this journey, but I'm still determined to finish it

It breaks my heart to see it sitting like this after all the work that was done to drag it from this condition in the first place... but life is never a straight road is it?

But looking at it positively for a minute:

- The brake lines are finished, the bias valve works and so far none of the seals have fallen out of the pistons
- The drive train is finished
- Most of the engine is piped in (just a few mods to do to the exhaust and inter cooler connections)
- The fuel system just needs an adapter to mate the T series to the ZS pipe work
- The DTA ECU is all wired up (managed to source a CAN BUS for it eventually!) but still needs mapped (Base map is sorted out)

So the main sticking points:

- Budget required for welding work to exhaust and intake pipes
- Body needs some work as the boxed side skirts have dissolved... again and the front arch has cracked... again
- Engine probably needs a strip down as it has sat for over a year (will do that myself)
- I had to sell the trailer when I moved house, so need to rent one to move it

If anyone can help with the fuel system please drop me a message

www.facebook.com/EX259

Last edited by Smokey; 22-12-15 at 08:27 PM.
Old 20-12-15, 11:45 AM   #348
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good to see the updates.

Good Luck with it.

Old 23-01-16, 11:29 AM   #349
Maxxed_Ross

I went to visit it recently for the first time in about a year... I know, I'll try harder this year!

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 23-01-16, 02:52 PM   #350
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Have to have a "Hands on meet", like the track car had, back in the day.

Not far off now, by the look of things, just your time is limited, I suppose with all the other things going on.