theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-04-12, 06:53 PM   #1
Captain Peanut

Captain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Not the best of days

Managed to bunk the afternoon off so decided to take the car down to RSR in Redhill to try and get the tail pipe straightened.

The guys were really helpful and got the car straight up on a ramp but from there on it went a bit downhill. Basically I found out that the back box, which they have stated isn't Powerflow as originally thought, is more bent than Louie Spence.

Not only is the tail pipe bent but there is a crease where the pipe meets the other side of the back box. On top of that there is a big kink in the pipe as it goes over the trailing arm causing the pipe to rub and pulling the mid-section into the floor:

Don't really have the money for RSR to build a new back box (£150) and there don't seem to be any going on eBay so I think it's time for plan b, which is to forget mods, put the car back to standard and concentrate on restoring the bodywork to it's former glory.

Really quite annoyed, mainly at myself for not spotting it before handing over money, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes.
Old 27-04-12, 07:13 PM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Feel partly responsible .....

Gutted really .....

It is a powerflow though mate as per Haggards post - I'm sure Andy had the receipt with it too ....

Post 16 - http://themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17713&page=2

" I had a stainless steel powerflow exhaust fitted earlier in the year as the standard one was blowing. It looks great and sounds really good, its not loud either. This exhaust also has a lifetime warranty."
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 07:15 PM   #3
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post

Gutted really .....

It is a powerflow though mate as per Haggards post - I'm sure Andy had the receipt with it too ....

Post 16 - http://themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17713&page=2

" I had a stainless steel powerflow exhaust fitted earlier in the year as the standard one was blowing. It looks great and sounds really good, its not loud either. This exhaust also has a lifetime warranty."
Has Andy still got the receipt? if so maybe powerflow would honour the warranty still? Just a thought...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 07:17 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Doubt it to be honest - the car's gone bar a few bits n bobs like doors starter motor etc - so I imagine the paperworks gone too ......
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 07:18 PM   #5
Captain Peanut

Captain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the rough
I have been sent the receipt and it is just for the mid section and decat, no mention of the back box
Old 27-04-12, 07:28 PM   #6
Captain Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post

Gutted really .....
I knew the history so understood what had happened. Was told that it was straight but, as I've already said, am more annoyed at myself for not double checking everything.

Hopefully I can find someone to buy the mid section and will chalk the rest up to experience. Have managed to sell the decat so a decent price for the mid should mean I'm not too out of pocket.

In sainsburys so going to console myself with some beer and a copy of Forza 4!
Old 27-04-12, 09:31 PM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The guarantee is for the lifetime of the car in your ownership subject to an annual inspection.
Old 27-04-12, 09:37 PM   #8
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
I have a spare saloon tuned back box you can have do free if you want to collect from rh20.. Won't fit my hatch I'm getting.
Old 27-04-12, 09:47 PM   #9
Captain Peanut

Cheers for the offer but I've got a hatch too!
Old 27-04-12, 09:49 PM   #10
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
Haha ******