AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 13-01-13, 07:43 PM   #21
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
They also won't save as much weight as you think.
On there own they save a bit but u can't just look at a weight loss for the car and only change 1 thing, it just ain't worth it but strip the interior / electric windows / speakers etc etc and u can easily get the car around the 1000-1100kg mark.

Dump the abs and fit the lines inside the car, using a bias valve to control the rears for a start that setup weighs a ton!

I am pretty anal with this when I was building bikes, but with the vag I am starting at the front and working back. I am looking at every nut and bolt and bracket and what it does, if it ain't needed it comes off or is replicated in allot or carbon. If a bolt can be replaced with an alloy / ti item then it will be with only structural items being left as stock.
It's not for everyone and not everyone has these items to hand but u get my point I hope.

P.[/QUOTE]

Sneekyparrot

Do you know how much weight you've saved by removing the a.b.s?

Regards

Ollie
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-13, 10:50 PM   #22
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
Bond them
that and suitable brackets to support them, L shape bracket with rubber between bracket and glass as well as a decent panel seal/bond to hold glass in place.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-13, 04:59 AM   #23
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Thanks Mark
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-13, 09:59 AM   #24
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
They need to be a very snug fit in the window channels to avoid then being sucked out at speed. Best to use the same thinckness as the glass so it fits in the same manner, thinner will be too flexible. As said bonding them in helps as will a well positioned bottom stop.