AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-01-09, 01:38 PM   #1
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
blue printing

I feel very lonely at the moment, still driving my baggy saab, looking at mgs and dreaming about getting my zs back, but then had a conversation last night which put a smile on my face and hightened my anticipation somewhat.

what are your thoughts on blue printing, spoke to the chappy who is going to rebuild my engine and he reckons you can get significant gains from doing this. something like 20 bhp for aligning the crank and cams, i always knew blue printed engines were good but not this good. any of you had experience in this, i'd be grateful to hear you views on this.

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 02:22 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Not sure if those figures are accurate, but if this guy knows what he doing then it maybe a good thing. It requires a lot of work, balancing etc, you will be better off getting cams and verniers fitted to get the best gains. I would suggest talking to the guys at QED for their views as they know the engines very well indeed.
Old 11-01-09, 04:21 PM   #3
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
the cost of doing that to a 180 is just daft.

rebuild times on these engines is about 3 days. let alone the cost of getting it all sorted.

However having a rebuilt engine myself, its always performed well and in some cases better than others, more so when i ran at pod as a nasp car it really did put a good time up with a good terminal, however i didnt have anything balanced etc, just hand built back
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-09, 06:23 PM   #4
marts66
Site Supporter

he seems to know what he's doing. He has been in the tuning industry for a long time and apparently in 'a' series tuning and 'k' series conversions he is somewhat of a legend. Anyway he has (hopefully) received a 135bhp head from a TF, so some highlift cams are going in along with the new head which says he is going to rework also, so fingers crossed

Work starts in ernest next week

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
Old 11-01-09, 06:26 PM   #5
marts66
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Not sure if those figures are accurate, but if this guy knows what he doing then it maybe a good thing. It requires a lot of work, balancing etc, you will be better off getting cams and verniers fitted to get the best gains. I would suggest talking to the guys at QED for their views as they know the engines very well indeed.
Could you give me some details about QED, please mate?

Old 11-01-09, 08:41 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Here
Old 11-01-09, 09:17 PM   #7
marts66
Site Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for that, I'll have a look through.

Old 11-01-09, 09:23 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marts66 View Post
Thanks for that, I'll have a look through.
You'll regret it, I have a booklet with all the KV6 stuff they do, it is very good and very expensive!
Old 11-01-09, 10:28 PM   #9
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by marts66 View Post
he seems to know what he's doing. He has been in the tuning industry for a long time and apparently in 'a' series tuning and 'k' series conversions he is somewhat of a legend. Anyway he has (hopefully) received a 135bhp head from a TF, so some highlift cams are going in along with the new head which says he is going to rework also, so fingers crossed

Work starts in ernest next week
is your car a 1.8?
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-09, 10:53 AM   #10
marts66
Site Supporter

Quote:
You'll regret it, I have a booklet with all the KV6 stuff they do, it is very good and very expensive!
God in heaven, you're not wrong there. Great stuff but a bit more than I was thinking, thanks anyway mate.